We recently introduced a new video series, Feedback Talkback, to demonstrate how we are improving the community platform by implementing features that address members’ concerns. To complement this video series, we are kicking off a new blog series: Future Feature.
While Feedback Talkback looks at something available now, Future Feature shares the direction of our road map — examining features already in development and others to be delivered later.
Here is a brief sampling of features and bug fixes we are working on. Some will be available at launch. Some will be available by the end of the year. The rest are on the road map for 2017.
Available at launch:
- Single sign-on (SSO) will go into effect across several areas within the community experience, so users won’t always need to log in again when navigating to Q&A, blogs, the activity stream, and direct messages.
Available by the end of the year:
- A tag browser will allow users to find available tags more easily.
- The new mission set (part of the community’s new reputation/gamification program) will be unveiled.
- The member-only view of his or her mission progress and mission achievements will be available with this new set.
On road map for next year:
- The blogs landing page will highlight featured posts (instead of just listing the most recent content).
- The community homepage will rotate features to give greater visibility to the latest and greatest content.
- Members will be able to take action (such as liking content or replying) directly from their activity stream.
- A more intuitive interface will make it clearer how to create content, like content, and add comments.
- The activity stream will refresh automatically.
This list barely scratches the surface. Every two weeks, we post new release notes spelling out all new features and bug fixes. And in the coming weeks, we’ll also publish more videos and blog posts about features that have come — and that are coming further down the road.
Through Feedback Talkback, Future Feature, and other updates, we want to show that we take your opinions very seriously and we are trying to prioritize based on your concerns. And although we may not always be able to make all the changes you want (even when we absolutely agree with your spot-on insights), we do read and review every discussion that members have opened during open beta. So please continue to test the beta platform and provide your feedback following the instructions in the SCN Open Beta Space.
Working with you, we are committed to offering the very best community experience. Thank you for helping to make that possible — and please keep an eye out for upcoming editions of Feedback Talkback and Future Feature to see how your ideas become reality.