(Part 1 of 3)
SAP S/4HANA is a front-runner product right at the core of your digital transformation representing the next generation business suite and enabling new business opportunities with the power of the SAP HANA platform.
Upon joining the SAP Enterprise Support Value Map for SAP S/4HANA & SAP HANA, you will be asked to take a step back and consider in detail your action plan. You will also be informed about other aspects which may need to be considered such as Data Volume Management and Custom Code Management. The team of dedicated value map experts will ask you some leading questions to help guide you through the process.
To help you get a head-start on what you need to consider – let’s discover what these questions are:
1. What is the scope of the project?
For example – Are you planning a brand new “Greenfield” implementation of SAP HANA & SAP S/4HANA, a migration from your existing database & solutions or a side by side (sometimes called “side-car”) implementation of SAP HANA?
2. Which of the following scenarios will be implemented?
- SAP HANA Platform (Datamart)
- Business Warehouse on HANA (BWoH)
- Business Suite on HANA (SoH)
- SAP HANA Accelerators
- SAP S/4HANA
3. When is the Go-Live date and target HANA revision?
4. Have you considered Data Volume Management (DVM) and Custom Code Management (CCM) as part of the project preparation?
5. How familiar you are with SAP HANA?
- Level 1: Basic/Medium
- Level 2: Expert
Don’t hesitate to increase your knowledge level via the Value Map.
6. Have you defined a project schedule?
i.e. some milestones and project dates so that we can help you to develop an appropriate engagement plan to safeguard your project and ensure a successful outcome.
If you are not sure about some of the answers to these questions, why not register for the value map today to get support, ask questions, gain knowledge and plan further for your implementation of SAP HANA & SAP S/4HANA. Be prepared, it will take time, as a number of parties may be involved before you actually start the implementation of SAP Best Practice recommendations.
To get the most out of the value map, we would encourage you to participate in discussions, create questions and request support to the SAP Experts moderating the groups. Check out our overview presentation here
Value Maps are a key deliverable of the award winning SAP Enterprise Support Academy, delivering a new learning and support experience via social media learning maps, with access to experts and offerings designed to help customers take advantage of social media technology (SAP Jam). They have been developed focusing on new digital technologies as well as common business/IT challenges and the best practices to solve them. Each objective-based learning map focuses on one topic, addressing multiple challenges therein and providing step-by-step execution guidance. Value Maps are monitored 24 x 5 by dedicated teams of SAP experts that moderate each group and guide customers.
- Globally centralized communication channel from and to our customers (as well as customer to customer interaction)
- On-demand empowerment and the possibility to receive fast responses and better service excellence
- Objective-based with guidance
- Boost customer employee skill level & reduce training expenditures
- Innovation adoption & digital transformation
- Collaborate with SAP support experts and peers
For full details, visit the SAP Enterprise Support Value Maps landing page
Who can access Value Maps? Check out our program entitlement
Still have questions? Please contact us: SAPesvaluemaps@sap.com