As of the latest release (1608) of SAP Hybris Marketing Cloud, you can take advantage of SAP Business Workflow for campaign approvals. Do not get scared off by the fact that I mentioned SAP Business Workflow… with SAP Fiori we have drastically simplified the setup, so no consultant is required and now a business user could create workflow conditions by themselves if he/she wanted to!
It is that simple!
Below you find a video on how this works in release 1608:
Some more details:
Creating and Managing Workflows
Manage Workflows is a new application that allows you to create workflows. In standard, SAP delivers a default entry for campaigns, when it is activated will force all campaigns to require approvals if you followed step 1 above. A user can copy this workflow, easily define validity dates, and start conditions.
Making the most of Marketing Approvals
The Marketing Approvals application serves as your inbox for all marketing approvals. This application allows an approver to:
- Review a campaign and its details
- Accept or reject an approval request with comments, after which an email notification will be sent to the requestor
- Suspend approval tasks, so they are temporarily removed from your inbox until a later date
- Forward approval tasks to another approver instead
- Manage substitutes in case you are going on vacation and want approval requests to automatically be routed to others
- Verify who you are substituting for
- Start a conversation in SAP Jam directly from the application to collaborate with colleagues on the approval request
Submitting an approval request (for campaigns)
In the Campaign application, or the Paid Search application, press the “Submit for Approval” button. The user can then select an approver, and add an optional note. Once approved, a campaign goes from status “In Approval” to “Released”. A rejected campaign will be set back to status “In Preparation”.
For complete details please see our application help: https://help.sap.com/mkt