HANA Application Associate Certification Success Story
There are many strategies to prepare for certification exam as well as different information resources and courses. There is no one fit all recommendation. In my blog I will share what worked for me.
My strategy to prepare for C_HANAIMP_11 certification exam was to use official SAP information resources and independent study. I had previous project experience with SAP HANA and just needed to know better exam structure in order to cover knowledge gaps. I used SAP HANA Certification Guide SAP Press book for that.
Everyone who is preparing for certification exam wants see sample questions. The book contains something similar – practice questions after each chapter. These question will not be found on certification exam, but will help you to check your knowledge on specific exam topic. These questions will also give you an idea how to read the book / documentation and identify information that is a good candidate for certification exam questions.
I need also to mention that the book is not a cheap alternative for HA100 and HA300 SAP training courses. SAP HANA Certification Guide does not explain all the basics as well does not have so many detailed exercises as SAP training courses. If you are new to HANA Modeling then SAP training courses are definitely the better option.
Another valuable resource is SHINE demo package (delivered with SAP Cloud Application Library HANA trial system). It has a lot of development objects for you to explore. You can learn re-creating and enhancing then or come up with something completely new using SHINE data.
Here is a complete list of resources that I used:
- SAP HANA Certification Guide SAP Press Book
- SAP Cloud Application Library SAP HANA, developer edition 1.0 SPS 11 free trial
- SHINE Demo Package (installed on free trial system)
- SAP HANA Modeling Guide For SAP HANA Studio SAP Help Portal
- SAP HANA Developer Quick Start Guide SAP Help Portal
- SAP HANA Developer Guide For SAP HANA Studio SAP Help Portal
- SAP HANA SQLScript Reference SAP Help Portal
- SAP HANA Spatial Reference SAP Help Portal
- Software Development on SAP HANA (Delta SPS 09) OpenSAP Course
- Software Development on SAP HANA (Delta SPS 11) OpenSAP Course
- BI Clients and Applications on SAP HANA OpenSAP Course
- Text Analytics with SAP HANA Platform OpenSAP Course
Good luck with your certification!
Did you read the sap manuals HA100 and HA300? Are they necessary if you have bought the certification guide from SAP Press?
certification guide from SAP Press is enough if you have hands on experience and use other information resources that come across and available for free, for example OpenSAP.
Hi, I m planning on giving C_HANAIMP_12. The book is for older exam. so, do you think, it may still help me read the Certificate Exam book for my exam? thanks for the info.
there are some major differences. I would recommend a new book and upcoming OpenSAP course https://open.sap.com/courses/hana6-c