This year in the next weeks and months we will have the three TechEd 2016 editions:
- Las Vegas – this year is earlier from 19-13 Sept – you can book sessions and Hands-On Workshop reservations now
- Bangalore 5-7 Oct – you can browse the session offerings
- Barcelona 8-10 Nov
In the security track (SEC) we have included several SAP Identity Management sessions.
As usual, you will see the SAP Identity Management roadmap (SEC824) session where we will talk about the future plans and would be glad to hear you questions and opinions.
We decided that this year we would offer a lecture SAP Identity Management for Beginners (SEC100), which is targeted, to people who have no experience with IDM and want to start learning:
- how to manage corporate identities and their accounts centrally in heterogeneous system landscapes.
- how authorization management can be done based on business roles, employee and manager self-services, and associated workflows.
- how to ensure compliance checks in combination with SAP Access Control.
There will be a hands-on exercise Get SAP Identity Management Running in no Time (SEC260) where attendees will earn how to connect systems and applications to the identity management solution using out-of-the-box connectors, configure workflows and self-services.
For the experienced people, like many of you, as additional path in this hands-on session, we will introduce the new connector framework for creating custom-built connectors and you will be able to create a connector from scratch for those 2 hours.
And there will be a short code review session Do your SAP Identity Management installation right (SEC 726) Installation scripts for lot of customers provide space for issues and mistakes. Were the scripts and procedures to install all mandatory components correct? Did you run them all? Was the required initial configuration done? Will show how to do this with Software Provisioning Manager and in few minutes you will be you’ll be up & running and able to develop your business related code in Eclipse Development environment.
In addition in Barcelona we are organizing a Live Influence session “How to extend connectivity of SAP Identity Management to cloud” (IFL221). Will discuss the functions of SAP Cloud Identity connector and your needs.
In addition in Las Vegas there will be the following partner and customers sessions:
- Join Matt Pollicove on How SAP IDM provides increased security and compliance in your organization (SEC105). Matt can you share more?-)
- And I’m pleased to see Eric Halbur presenting SAP IDM at Woodgrain Millwork (SEC206)
Also I’d recommend visiting:
And this hands on exercise : How to Provision Users and Manage Authorizations in SAP Cloud Applications (SEC166)
And I think it is very valuable is to meet people in person and you will be able to meet with many of the SAP security people at the dedicated security booth and among them the following SAP IDMers
As always we would be happy to meet with people from the community and exchange thoughts.