Alerts are defined to automatically send e – mail, SMS / Fax to internal or external users to notify them of certain event. Alerts notify and don’t stop the document from posting.
CONFIGURE ALERT IN SAP Business One
- Administration à System Initialization à General Settings à Services
- Select à Send alerts for activities scheduled today
- Select à Display inbox when new message arrives
- Enter appropriate duration in Update messages (Mins)
DEFINING AND ACIVATING ALERT IN SAP Business One
- Administration à Alert Management
- Switch to add mode by pressing Ctrl + A
- Name the new alert to be defined
- Set the priority
- Activate it by selecting ‘Active’ check box
- Click on ‘Open Saved Query’ to select an existing user defined query
- Set frequency of the alert. This depends on the nature and purpose of alert
- Select the user and kind of notification you want to send.
- Click on ‘Save History’ if you wish to preserve and see if alert has worked as per definition. Also if upon notification, user action is expected then also this history will help from monitoring point of view. But at one point of time it is recommended to clear the history as it may affect performance.
- Click on ‘Add’ button to save the alert definition
Now the alert is active and it will notify the user defined in the definition.
DEACIVATING ALERT IN SAP Business One
All you have to do is locate the alert and remove the tick from ‘Active’ option in alert definition window.