Sometimes we have to check if a file has been written on a file system and perform actions based on that. With PI we usually poll a directory using the File Sender Adapter (e.g. in TEST mode if we can not delete the file). Here´s a smarter way:
- Schedule a Trigger that runs the File Check periodically (based on your requirement)
- Read the directory of the NFS/FTP/SFTP using the FileReader Adapter
- Sender: SOAP Message coming from WHINT MessageTrigger Job (of course you can use another trigger like a file sender polling in test mode with channel scheduling)
- Receiver: FileReader Query using WHINT FileReader Adapter
- Both sides use BusinessComponent “FileChecker” here
VOILÁ – here is the message in error (System Error).
If you have defined alerting, an automatic E-Mail is triggered!
In case the file is found, no additional message is being generated. This behaviour can be changed if you change the routing of the Dummy iFlow.
This blog is using the following stand-alone solutions: