Community Central: The Place to Be on the SAP TechEd Show Floor in Las Vegas!
As SAP TechEd 2016 Las Vegas approaches, we wanted to let you know what the Community Experience team has planned for this event. We hope you’ll leave some room in your packed schedule to meet with us and check out the community-related activities taking place at the conference.
Let’s start with who is coming to SAP TechEd to represent SCN and the community and SAP Mentor teams. We’re coming from all over the U.S. and from Europe too!
So, where and how can you meet with us and find out more about the new community or ask us questions about the current SCN?
You can look for us in the Hang Out zone on the SAP TechEd show floor. The Hang Out Zone is one of the first Zones you’ll see when you enter the hall. We’ll be wearing red t-shirts that say “Welcome Home to the New SAP COMMUNITY” so you can find us better. 🙂
Depending on the day and time, you’ll find us in the Hang Out zone at one of the following places:
- SAP Mentors/Community Central room, during Open House hours
The Open House is a chance for you to stop by the Community Central room, meet community managers and supporters and executives, see a demo of the new community beta, and enter your name in a drawing for cool prizes. “Bring a Buddy,” too, maybe someone who’s not so familiar with the community yet.
Open House hours will be:
– Tuesday 11:45 am – 12:45 pm
– Wednesday 11 am – 1 pm
– Thursday 11 am – 1 pm
Be sure to stop by and check us out!
- When we’re not busy hosting an Open House, you’ll find us at the Community table just outside the SAP Mentors/Community Central room. One or more of us should be there during regular show floor hours (see the SAP TechEd agenda for show floor hours). Again, look for the red t-shirts that say “Welcome Home to the New SAP COMMUNITY.”
- You can also hear some of us speak at networking lounge sessions. We have four community-related topics planned in Lounge 4 for the networking lounge sessions:
Wednesday, 10:30am – 11am A Mentor’s Point of View on the New SAP Community Experience SAP Mentor, Tammy Powlas will be interviewed by Community Team member, Catherine LaCroix. Wednesday, 5pm – 5:30pm Technical Architecture Overview of the New SAP Community Platform Oliver Kohl, lead architect, will discuss the technical side of the new community. Thursday, 10:30am – 11am Introduction of the New SAP Community for New Community Users An introduction to the new community platform, presented by 1DX project manager, Nadine Ebert, and Community Team member, Audrey Stevenson. This is a great session to share with new users. Thursday, 1:30pm – 2pm Reputation Reloaded: Changes Coming to the SCN Reputation Program Learn about the changes coming to community with the new platform from our gamification expert, Audrey Stevenson.
- And finally, be sure to check out the SAP TechEd Live Studio near our table, where Malin Liden, Vice President of Innovation & Community, and Oliver Kohl, Community Lead Architect, will each be giving interviews around the new community platform. Even if you are not attending SAP TechEd in person, you can watch these interviews streaming online on the SCN homepage or on the SAP TechEd Online website.
Wednesday, 1:30pm Oliver Kohl, lead architect of the new community platform, will be interviewed by Matthias Steiner of the SAP HANA Cloud Platform (HCP) product team. These two will take a look at how we’ve utilized SAP HCP to power the new community. Wednesday, 4:00pm Malin Liden, VP of SAP Experience Innovation & Community, will be talking about the role of the new community in the overall SAP One Digital Experience (1DX) strategy.
And finally, if you have earned the Beta Tester mission, stop by the Community table during show floor hours and if we can see the Beta Tester mission badge on your SCN profile, you’ll get a sticker of the badge that you can put on your SAP TechEd attendee badge (or wherever else you like).
If you haven’t earned the mission yet, it’s not too late! Find out more in the blog by Sajid Amir.
We have exciting things planned in the community, and exciting activities at SAP TechEd. I hope we’ll see you there!