Script Engine – new Service Layer feature!
With SAP Business One 9.2 PL04, version for SAP HANA the Service Layer has been enhanced with a new feature called Script Engine!
This new feature allows partners and customers to develop their own script extensions that can be embeded and executed by Service Layer. The script engine feature give a powerfull opportunity to build complex transactions in a single oData request being handled by the Service Layer Script Engine.
Main features of the Service Layer Script Engine are:
- Exposed SAP Business One CRUD API.
- Exposed SAP Business One transaction API.
- Exposed HTTP request and response API. Benefits
- Share server-side customization among different applications (client and server side) on top of Service Layer.
- Allow global transactions grouping several operations
Detailed documentation of this Service Layer feature and all available features is of course available directly in your HANA server at https://hana-server:50000.
Hope you will enjoy this new great feature!
Hello Maria Trinidad MARTINEZ GEA
Are there possibilities for use it with UDT?
Hi, Maria Trinidad MARTINEZ GEA I’m trying to create an entity ChartOfAccount, with UDF’s, but it doesn’t recognize UDF’s, any idea about it?
This is a reference about documentation, where I have to configure Opentype=true option:
Hello, Can I use Script Engine to make a prepared statement? (to call my existing stored procedure)