The SCN community members know me since years as a SAP Portal expert. Now I have changed my role for some months this year and I work in a fellowship in the SAP Alumni Network team. I would like to tell you why I think that the Alumni Network is a great idea and why I think it is a great opportunity for former and also current SAP employees to become a part of it. Let me tell you more about it.
Why SAP launched the SAP Alumni Network ?
In the beginning of 2016 SAP launched the SAP Alumni network. With this launch SAP is one of the first DAX companies with a corporate alumni network (if not the only one at the moment) – with already thousands of current and former SAP employees including executives and SAP leadership members.
Technically it is based on a SAP HANA Cloud Platform-based SaaS solution in cooperation with ISV-partner EnterpriseJungle.
Why did SAP launch the Alumni network? It is SAP’s vision to unite all people who work or have worked for SAP. SAP has realized that in the digital economy, the power of networks is the new currency. Networking and relationship is fundamental for success. Connections make us stronger, they let us drive business development and innovation through collaboration with people we know.
Why is the SAP Alumni Network interesting for you?
– as a former SAP employee:
Imagine to be part of a strong global SAP business network with 1000s of members and to collaborate with trusted peers and thought leaders?
You are still working in SAP’s ecosystem, either as a partner or a customer and you would like to share your ideas and interests with smart, like-minded people?
You are – for example – based in the US and you would like to hear feedback from people in Europe or Asia, gaining new business perspectives?
You are an entrepreneurs starting your own company and you would like to meet experienced people and learn from them?
You simply imagine to reconnect to your former SAP colleagues and be part of a community of trusted and like-minded people?
Joining the SAP Alumni Network would be beneficial for you in all those scenarios (and also many more are thinkable).
Margret Klein-Magar, Head of SAP Alumni Relations, thinks that the human aspect is most important: “All of the alumni who have joined our network have a burning desire to stay in touch with a company they still love,” she said. “People are excited about the ability to connect with and learn from each other. They are still part of the SAP family.” For more, see also this article.
For more benefits read the benefit section above.
– as a current SAP employee:
Among other benefits (see benefit section above) current SAP employees can enjoy the advantage of Network Intelligence which thrives through conversations with former colleagues, whom we trust and who know our products, and processes. The SAP Alumni Network plays a crucial role by crossing internal and external barriers to the exchange of knowledge and flow of ideas.
How can you join?
From the homepage https://alumni.sap.com, we invite you to choose “Start Now” to begin the onboarding process to join.
What are the benefits?
- Members have full access to alumni profiles. You can search in the directory by employers past and present, role, industry, line of business, education and skills. You can send messages or emails to anyone in the alumni database and connect with fellow alumni and members of the SAP leadership team.
- Find current job openings at SAP and explore career options.
- Be informed about SAP’s strategy and technology trends.
- Explore leaning opportunities (you are informed about planned openSAP courses).
- Benefit from special discounts and promotions for SAP events. Special offerings are also planned for young people.
- Receive the monthly Alumni newsletter and you are up-to-date about what is going on.
- Read compelling Alumni stories and people news.
- Be invited to special local SAP Alumni events all around the world: events are planned for South Africa and Russia, as well as for Bangalore and Copenhagen. You would like to have a look at the event calendar? To access the calendar, register for the Alumni network and you have the chance to take part in those events.
- Meet SAP executives also at special get-togethers at big SAP events – as SAP TechEd or SAPPHIRE NOW. A Get-Together for SAP Alumni with SAP Executives is planned for SAP TechEd in Barcelona this year.
Watch the SAP Alumni video and get inspired to register for the network:
See this image from the SAP Alumni Get-Together in Walldorf in July 2016.
I hope I could make you familiar with the SAP Alumni Network idea and make clear what benefits it could bring for you. If you are interested, then do not hesitate, register and enjoy the power of relationship.