SAP S/4HANA helps customers run simple in a digital and complex world. Many global companies have adopted SAP S/4HANA to become a Live business and a model digital enterprise. In this series we will show the value S/4HANA can bring with the help of example businesses who already took to the road to SAP S/4HANA.
SAP is THE cloud company powered by SAP S/4 HANA that drives simplification and gives businesses the opportunity to consume innovation easily and become a Live business. By deploying S/4 HANA, enterprises can go beyond traditional transactions and drive end-to-end digitized processes based on a single source of information. From planning and execution to simulation and analysis processes, all are delivered in real-time.
One of the world’s leading steel and mining companies with a presence in many countries and 6 digit employee numbers, selected SAP S/4HANA to streamline its core business processes, increase overall productivity and drive significant cost savings. The company wanted to secure its position in the market by serving a strong innovation agenda globally, delivering better customer service to its varied customer base comprising of automotive, construction, household appliances and packaging, as well as creating more shareholder value.
The customer went live with the below listed business scenarios:
- Finance (FI)/Controlling (CO) – AR, General Ledger (GL), Bank accounting, Enterprise structure (expanding with project), Controlling (expanding with project), and Billing
- Sales and Distribution (SD) – Order entry, VC business partner functions, credit, billing (includes debit/credit memos, invoices), and acknowledgements
- MM – Material Master Data
- PP – Work center, bill of material, route and production version, production planning
- Quality Management (QM) – Claims management
- Workflow (WF) – Quality and Financial approvals
- BP – Consolidation of Customer, Vendor Master, Contacts
- Financial Supply Chain Management (FSCM) – Credit Management
- Interfaces: WebSphere, SAP TM (Oracle), and SAP SCM (Oracle)
Significant added business value
Several reasons convinced this customer to choose SAP S/4HANA to take to path to the Digital Transformation. After the successful implementation, the business values were immediately noticeable. The usability and user adoption were rigorously better than before. SAP Fiori screen also improved the look and feel of the user interface and made work that much more enjoyable. This also positioned the customer for better reporting using Embedded Analytics.
Due to the better system performance, processing now goes significantly faster. And finally there were quite a lot of improvements in the Finance area, like a reduced coding effort in the General Ledger area, improved financial reporting for Trial Balance, Income Statement and Balance Sheet. And last but not least, automated reporting and faster access to high quality global data make decision making that much easier.
This is only one of many examples that prove SAP S/4HANA delivers the value needed to lead your business through the Digital Transformation. Find more Success Stories here and stay tuned for more parts of this #S4HANA customer series.