Data Import Framework for Mass Upload in SAP MDG
Document Description : The purpose of this document is to explain the steps for the configuration of Mass Data Upload in SAP MDG.
Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction
- 1.1 Overview
- 1.2 Scenario
- 1.3 Purpose
- 1.4 Prerquiesite
- 2. Process
- 2.1 Steps
SAP Master Data Governance provides business processes to find, create and change master data. It supports the governance of master data on a central hub and the distribution of master data to connected operational and business intelligence systems. The processes are workflow-driven and can include several approval and revision phases, including collaboration between all users participating in master data maintenance.
Import Master Data service can be used to import files containing material and classification data to the Master Data Governance system. The data from these files can update existing master data records or create new ones using the options available in the Import Master Data service.
This guide provides background information about the Data Import Framework (DIF) and describes how to use the DIF to upload material data from a CSV file using a BAdI for the file conversion.
Data transfer represents a collection of functions and features you can use to move master data and mapping information between systems and clients. Examples of these systems include existing ERP systems and your Master Data Governance hub system. To transfer master data and mapping information, perform the following steps:
- Export the master data and mapping information from the source system to an XML file. This file rests on your application server.
- Copy the XML file from the application server of the source system to the application server of your target system.
- Import the master data and mapping information to the target system using the Data Import Framework.
Check if the required SAP Notes are implemented based on the module for which DI framework is to be used in the system.
Data in excel file should be given in pre-defied format.
- Enter data to be uploaded in pre-defined .XLSX template.
- Convert Excel to UTF-8 .CSV format.
- Mass Upload of Data in MDG
- BADI responsible for technical control
Run Transaction NWBC, goto
Master Data Governance for supplier: Menu -> Data Exchange -> Data Transfer -> Import Master Data
and enter the required values check the checkbox Governance if the same is required –
5. Click on Add button in Data Sources,
Select object type as Business Partner and enter the value of source directory –
6. Click on Custom Converter Setting and select converter type –
7. Click on the Import button on the top –
8. The bulk upload file will be placed in AL11 –
The bulk upload file can be uploaded in the directory using transaction CG3Z .
The above explained scenario is using Mass Upload for BP data. Other modules as Material, Customer etc. can also use DI framework for mass upload with limitation of respective modules.
BADI responsible for technical customisation
BADI : BADI_MDG_FILECONVERTER