Recently learnt about the new developer features in SAP HANA SPS 11, especially in the area of XS Advanced Model & SAP WebIDE for SAP HANA.
However when I tried to go about it, it seems pretty tricky & complicated as it doesn’t come in a package by default.
Thus I’ve decided to blog about my journey in setting up SAP Web IDE in SAP HANA SPS 11.
Please pardon me if there are any discrepancies or mistakes. Feel free to comment & feedback, I’ll take your advices and improve on this blog post, so to help others facing the similar issues.
Thank you in advance.
In this blog, I’ve broke it down the whole installation & setup into 3 checkpoints to meet in order to make your SAP Web IDE working for your SAP HANA SPS 11.
- Checkpoint 1 (Server Side Setup)
- Checkpoint 2 (Client Side Setup)
- Final Checkpoint (Installation & Configuration Success)
- SAP HANA on AWS Setup for SAP Business One, version for SAP HANA (Dev & Test Environment)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11.4
- SAP Business One 9.2 PL03
- SAP HANA SPS 11 (1.00.112.03.1464042351)
- To install SAP Web IDE into SPS 11
- To utilize SAP Web IDE capabilities on SAPUI5 Apps Development
- To learn about SAP HANA XS Advanced Model & how every development work can be in SAP Web IDE (Uplift from Web-based Development Workbench)
- SAP Web IDE for SAP HANA Documentation
- SAP HANA SPS 11: New Developer Features
- SAP Note 2271148 – SAP Web IDE for SAP HANA SPS11
- SAP Note 2233866 – SAP HANA XS Advanced Model SPS11 Release Note
** From the note, you’ll realise that everything isn’t straightforward to setup & configure **
- XS Advanced Runtime (XSA) has to be installed
- XS Advanced Command Line Tool has to be installed (see second component to be downloaded, depending on your OS selection)
SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD CENTER > INDEX > H > SAP IN-MEMORY (SAP HANA ) > HANA PLATFORM EDITION > SAP HANA PLATFORM EDITION > SUPPORT PACKAGES & PATCHES > ENTRY BY COMPONENT > XS ADVANCED RUNTIME
Download the following components (Version 34)
- SAP EXTENDED APP SERVICES 1
- XS RUNTIME 1 (Client & Runtime to be downloaded – dependant on your OS)
- Extract SAP EXTENDED APP SERVICES 1 in SLES Environment using SAPCAR (EXTAPPSER00P_34-70001316.SAR)
- chmod -R 777 to installation path in SLES Environment (e.g. chmod -R 777 /software_sps11)
- CD to Installation Path (e.g. cd /software_sps11/SAP_HANA_DATABASE)
- Run HDBLCMGUI in SAP HANA DATABASE (e.g. ./hdblcmgui) Setup will run
- Load Components from EXTAPPSER00P_34-70001316.SAR (see attached screenshots below)
- *ERROR* when installing first time, run installer again and it will succeed (Experts, please advise.)
- Post Installation Checks to Make Sure Services are added (see attached screenshots below)
— Click on “Add Component Location … “
— Navigate to the extracted ‘EXTAPPSER00P_34-70001316.SAR’ location (e.g.XSA_RT_10_LINUX_X86_64), Click on “Open”
— “SAP HANA XS Advanced Runtime” will be added to the component list
— Tick all components, especially “Install SAP HANA XS Advanced Runtime Version 220.127.116.115394”
— Click “Next”
— Leave the values entered by default
— Remember your password for XSA_ADMIN (Important)
— Organization Name & Space Name to remember as well
— Review the components below
— Click “Update”
— Takes a few minutes for installation & updating components
— Error occurred while executing SAP HANA Components (for my case)
— Everything else is installed successfully
— Run Installer again & repeat steps (./hdblcmgui)
— Review Installations & Updates
— SAP HANA XS Advanced Runtime is successfully Installed / Updated
— Open SAP HANA Studio, Administration Console
— Do Post Installation Checks (Refer below)
— You should see additional services installed to your HANA Server
Post Installation Checks
- Access into your SAP HANA Platform Lifecycle Management to verify your System Information (see attached screenshots below)
— Access into https://<ipaddress>:1129/lmsl/HDBLCM/<SID>/index.html
— “View System Information”
— “Hosts Information”
— Verify XS Advanced Runtime Worker (xs_worker) is included
— “Installed Components”
— Verify “SAP HANA XS Advanced Runtime” is installed with the right version (34)
- Installed XS Advanced Runtime in your SAP HANA Server
- SAP HANA XS Advanced Runtime components is up & running
Now, go to your Client side (Windows Server)
Check that the XS advanced run time is installed and available on the SAP HANA server.
Enter the following URL in your Web browser: <hana_hostname>:3<instance>30/v2/info
The response displayed in the Web browser is a JSON string with details that indicate a successful connection to the XSA controller.
Next steps, install XS Advanced Runtime Components in your Client side.
Install XS Advanced Command Line (XSA CLI) Tools on Client (e.g. Windows Server)
XS Runtime 1 component that you’ve downloaded at the start (see attached screenshots below)
— Downloaded this client package (version 34) from Software Center
— Extract XSA Client (XS_CLIENT00P_34-70001792.ZIP) into your Windows Server
— Open Command Prompt, cd to directory and run xs (you can add the xs command to your user variables)
— e.g. cd c:/XS_CLIENT00P_34-70001792/bin
Check that the XS client for XS advanced is installed and available (enter into the command prompt).
- xs help
- xs -v
Connect to the XS advanced controller on the SAP HANA server (enter into the command prompt).
- Specify the URL of the API end point on the SAP HANA server you want to connect to:
xs api https://<hostname>:3<instanceNr>30
(e.g. xs api https://172.31.31.64:30030)
If this command fails due to a missing SSL certificate, you can download the missing certificate from the SAP HANA server; the certificate default.root.crt.pem is typically installed in the following default location:
For example, where <installation_path>=/hana/shared/ and <SID>=HDB:
- Install the security certificate on the machine where you are running the XS CLI client.
Place the copy of the root certificate in a safe location in your client file system, for example,/<path>/default.root.crt.pem
- Set the API end point for client connections to the SAP HANA server using the newly installed certificate for authentication.
xs api https://<hostname>:3<instanceNr>30 -cacert /<path>/default.root.crt.pem(e.g. xs api https://172.31.31.64:30030/ -cacert C:/XSACLI/default.root.crt.pem)
Login into XS Advanced Runtime (enter into the command prompt)
- xs login -u XSA_ADMIN -p Initial0
- Downloaded XS Advanced Runtime (Client) into your Client OS (Windows Server)
- Configured XS Advanced Runtime Client
- Configured Certificate & SSL
- Initial Login & Successful Utilization of XSA CLI (Command Line Tools)
Next steps, using XSA CLI to install SAP HANA Web IDE for SAP HANA.
Download SAP HANA Web IDE Components
- SAP HANA RUNTIME TOOLS 1.0
SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD CENTER > INDEX > H > SAP IN-MEMORY (SAP HANA ) > HANA PLATFORM EDITION > SAP HANA PLATFORM EDITION > SUPPORT PACKAGES & PATCHES > ENTRY BY COMPONENT > SAP HANA RUNTIME TOOLS
Download “XSACHRTT01_21-70001571.ZIP – SP01 Patch21 for SAP HANA RUNTIME TOOLS 1.0“
- SAP Web IDE for SAP HANA Development Infrastructure (DI) (DI CORE 1)
SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD CENTER > INDEX > H > SAP IN-MEMORY (SAP HANA ) > HANA PLATFORM EDITION > SAP HANA PLATFORM EDITION > SUPPORT PACKAGES & PATCHES > ENTRY BY COMPONENT > SAP WEB IDE 4 SAP HANA > DI CORE 1
Download “XSACDEVXDI11_1-70001255.ZIP – SP11 Patch1 for DEVX DI 1.0“
- SAP WEB IDE for SAP HANA Web Client
SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD CENTER > INDEX > H > SAP IN-MEMORY (SAP HANA ) > HANA PLATFORM EDITION > SAP HANA PLATFORM EDITION > SUPPORT PACKAGES & PATCHES > ENTRY BY COMPONENT > SAP WEB IDE 4 SAP HANA > SAP WEB IDE 1
Download “XSACSAPWEBIDE11_1-70001256.ZIP – SP11 Patch1 for SAP WEB IDE 1“
** Precautions on Installation **
- Successful Login as XSA_ADMIN
- Install in order (HANA Runtime Tools > DI Core > Web IDE)
- Install into SAP space
- Make sure there is enough space in your HANA Server (otherwise your installation will fail with errors)
– DI CORE (~ 8 GB)
– Web IDE (~ 3 GB)
Install SAP HANA Web IDE Components (enter into the command prompt)
The installation commands include relative paths to the component locations in the XSA file system.
- xs target -s SAP
- xs install XSACHRTT01_21-70001571.zip
- xs install XSACDEVXDI11_1-70001255.zip (default, without customization)
xs install XSACDEVXDI11_1-70001255.zip -e di_mtad.mtaext (with customization – refer to SAP Note 2271148 – SAPWebIDE4HANASPS11_Installation.pdf)
- xs install XSACSAPWEBIDE11_1-70001256.zip
— Screenshot of an example of Successful Installation & Deployment of XSA Service of DI Core
— Running of an Installation
- Successful Installation of HANA Runtime Tool, DI Core & Web IDE
- Verified XSA Components are up & running for Web IDE (type xs services in command prompt)
Start your Tutorial for SAP Web IDE for SAP HANA on tinyworld
- YouTube: SAP HANA Academy – Web IDE for HANA
- SCN: Developing with XS Advanced – A TinyWorld Tutorial
I hope this blogpost will help someone out there in figuring out how to go about it to install SAP Web IDE for SAP HANA SPS11.
Please feel free to let me know if you need any assistance in any area by dropping a comment below.