Note that SAP HCP, portal service was renamed to SAP Cloud Platform Portal starting March 2017.
You want to create a new site but you are not sure what to do and how much effort and time it will take – well, you came to the right place.
I would like to share with you how you can create your own Portal Service site in 3 steps easy and quick steps:
Step 1: Get your trial account
- Go to https://hcp.sap.com/try.html
- Click on Try Now.
- Complete the registration process.
Step 2: Activate the Portal Service
- In the SAP HCP cockpit, in the menu panel, click on Services:
- Browse or search for Portal Service and click on it.
- Click Enable.
- Click Go to Service.
You are now directed to the portal service Admin Space where you manage your sites and content.
Step 3: Create your site
- In the Admin Space, click Create New Site.
Tip – On the Home page you will find links to useful information that will help you quickly create a site.
2. Name the site.
3. Choose a site template (I recommend that you start with the marketing or parallax templates
which are part of available sample templates)
4. Click Create.
That’s it 🙂
Your new site appears in the Site Designer where you can review, edit, or simply publish it for use.