While trying to create a Workflow Rule which Sends Email Notifications that includes Surveys for Tickets and could see that there is no Place holder for Survey and in order to include a relevant field for the placeholder Survey, there are no relevant options.
Ideally to overcome this situation we can go ahead by following the below mentioned steps
- In Fine Tuning, Create a Survey Category, e.g. “Customer Satisfaction”, of Type Satisfaction
- Create a Survey of Category “Customer Satisfaction” and take note of the Survey ID.
- Create a Workflow rule of Type EMail
Define the condition (on save or scheduled) so that the email is sent when you prefer ( Example : 3days after the ticket is Completed)
- Create an HTML EMail template, with a placeholder with the format #SURVEYID#Eg . #SURVEY2744#, if the ID of the customer satisfaction survey was 2744
- In the Placeholder Mapping, map #SURVEY2744# to anything, it does not matter
For e.g. you can map it to “Ticket ID” or “External ID” because the code will recognize the placeholder and replace it with a link
6. Now once the EMail is sent to the Customer , the system
- Generates an Instance of the Survey
- Generate the External Link
- Uses the generated link to replace the Place holder
7. You can use a href tag in your HTML template file and replace the link with some generic Place holder
NOTE : This only works for Emails but not for Notifications
In order to access the “Satisfaction” survey type, you need to adjust your scoping and enable Marketing -> Enhanced Marketing Functionalities.