Appeon 2016 – Product Release!
Appeon for PowerBuilder 2016 is scheduled to release on September 9, 2016!
Appeon for PowerBuilder 2016 is a major release of the product that adds numerous new features to both the Web and Mobile targets, an expanded software environment compatibility and support for additional PowerBuilder features. The new release also focuses on further improving the user productivity and simplifying deployment.
PowerBuilder Feature Enhancement
- InkPicture control. OpenUserObject function of UserObject.
- Accessing data in JSON format.
- OLEStorage & OLEStream objects (Web target only).
- Installable Web Application. Appeon Web applications can now be installed and run without a Web browser, avoiding cumbersome configuration issues and streamlining access.
- Easy Mobile Deployment. Both AWS & mobile apps can be instantly installed to the mobile device by scanning an application – specific QR code.
- Upgrading for Mobile. The run-time for AWS and standalone mobile apps are now automatically updated as long as users are managed by the Appeon Server.
- Enhanced Data Source Management. More built-in functions are available to better facilitate the management of data sources on the .NET platform, including creating, deleting, and modifying data sources.
- Installation Dependency Checking. The product setup program will automatically check the environment and report any required components that are missing.
Mobile Specific Enhancements
- Print Functions for Android. Print functions like Print, PrintBitMap, Print DataWindow, etc. are now available for your use on Android, in addition to printing on iOS.
- Apache Cordova Plugins. Enrich your mobile apps with the vast library of Apache Cordova Plugins, which are easily accessible via simple PowerScript APIs.
- Enhanced Mobile UX. Additional APIs are provided to give developers more control over the mobile UX, for example, setting the keyboard type in EditMasks and DataWindows.
Software Environment Compatibility
- Microsoft Edge. In addition to Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, now your Web apps can be accessed via the new Microsoft Edge browser on Windows 10.
- WildFly 10. Appeon Server is now compatible with the new WildFly 10 as well as JBoss EAP 6.0.1/6.4.
- EJB 3.x. Appeon Server is now compatible with EJB 3.x specifications on all certified Java EE application servers.
- PostgreSQL. Your Web and mobile targets can now take advantage of PostgreSQL, which has a strong reputation for reliability, data integrity, and correctness.
- Expanded Support for IBM DB2. Your Web and mobile targets can now take advantage of IBM DB2 on the .NET platform
Regards … Chris