Skip to Content

Hi all,

within my HCP API Portal, I was lately working on an API Provider. After several tests with various configurations, when clicking on the API Provider from the list, I got an error message saying:

“Unable to read API provider details”
“[Request ID: f7f52629-a5cf-4df8-xxxxxxx]

Unable to find destination; contact SAP Cloud Administrator to configure destination”

Somehow the API Provider had gone belly-up, and I could not even delete it anymore: deleting did not throw an error, but the API Provider did not actually get deleted.

The solution to this (thanks Raghavendra Kulkarni), was to go to my HCP Cockpit and add a destination with the same name as the faulty API Provider. To create the destination, I just used dummy data such as http://google.com for the URL. It is not relevant anyhow, since I deleted it in the end 😉

Once the destination was created in the HCP cockpit, I could access the API Provider from the API Portal (no error message anymore). And even though the configuration was messed up, I could delete it properly from there.

Hope this helps anyone stuck with a weird API Provider configuration!

Sven

To report this post you need to login first.

Be the first to leave a comment

You must be Logged on to comment or reply to a post.

Leave a Reply