SAP HANA – SLT Configuration
SLT will work on based on the trigger based concept
- SAP LT is trigger based and Real time replication method.
- SLT stands for SAP Landscape Transformation Replication Server (SLT) running on the Net Weaver Platform. SLT is the ideal solution for all HANA customers who need real-time (and non-real-time) data replication sourcing from SAP ERP or non-SAP systems into HANA
- SLT replication system is connected with Source SAP ECC system by RFC (Remote Function call) connection and with target HANA system by DB Connection. In case of NON-SAP source system SLT connect with DB connection.
- SAP source system contains Application tables, logging tables, and triggers and read module.
- SLT server contains Control Module (Structure mapping & Transformation) and Writer module. In case of Non-SAP source system, Read Module resides in SLT System.
- When replication start, logging table and trigger created in source system and data gets replicated to target system via SLT replication server and any changes in source system gets automatically replicated to target system.
SLT Replication server configuration
1. Start load
Open the SLT Configuration -> select the data provisioning option -> start load
If we are using start load first create the table in target system (HANA) and it will not create logging tables and triggers.
We can load the delta records into target system (HANA)
2. Start Replication
If you use start replication it will create the table in HANA system
It will create the triggers for each record insert, update, delete
It will create the logging tables
Whenever records insert or delete or update it will trigger and trigger update material number, timestamp in the logging tables
Ex table – MARA
Logging table for MARA
Logging table will create based on the primary key of MARA table
In MARA table MADNT and MATNR both are initial values
Logging table for MARA /1CADMC/00001607
Trigger for INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE
3. Stop Load/Replication
If you are using stop load and replicate for table it will delete table form the SLT configuration
Means it will delete logging table and triggers
Before stop load/ Replication first replicate the table using Start replication – EKKO
Logging tables and triggers are created
After use the stop load/ Replication for table – EKKO
Now table was deleted from the SLT Configuration, deleted logging tables and triggers.
4. Suspend Load/ Replication
If you are using suspend load and replication it will not delete logging tables and triggers but delta loads are not move to HANA system (target system)
Those records still in source system (ECC System) if use above option
5. Resume Load/ Replication
After using suspend option immediately use the Resume Load/Replication option
All suspending table we can resume
After resuming the tables load will run as usual get delta records from the ECC system to HANA system