With the TOP Simplification List Items approach we want to start a S/4HANA SCN Blog series to provide more information about dedicated simplification items. Simplification items where we assume that any customer project has to deal with. The following S/4HANA SCN Blog is collecting these TOP Simplification Items with the links to the dedicated S/4HANA blogs.
Within this blog we want to provide additional information regarding the Simplification Item:
Sales & Distribution: Rebate Management Replaced by Condition Contract Settlement
- There are redundant object models in the ERP system. Here, the rebate agreements are used. The (mandatory) target approach in SAP S/4HANA is the condition contract settlement approach followed by Settlement Management.
- Condition contract settlement is capable of centrally managing master and settlement-related data for all kinds of subsequent settlement-related business processes. In the context of current development, the condition contract settlement application is the single point of entry to create, edit, and settle the conditions according to the contractual terms and conditions.
- SAP Business Suite customers can move from various releases to SAP S/4 HANA, on-premise edition and still process the existing rebate agreements. It is not possible to create or extend existing rebate agreements.
- The user interface for SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition 1511 is transaction WCOCO. The specific transaction codes to create SD Rebate Agreements, which users may be familiar with from SAP Business Suite, are not available in SAP S/4HANA.
- Condition contract settlement offers additional functions and features that allow you to modernize the implementation of your existing business processes and define additional business process variants.
- Condition contract settlement is also available in the SAP Business Suite. Therefore we recommend that you use condition contract settlement if you are planning to create new rebate agreements before you upgrade to SAP S/4 HANA.
- Customize the conditions contract settlement application to implement your rebate processes based on standard content.
For more details see the PPT attached to the following SAP Note: