HANA Memory Consumption by BW Objects
Good Day !!!!! 🙂
We know M_CS_TABLES, M_TABLES to monitor about HANA RAM memory consumption by table wise.
But We can’t find the information such as How much HANA Memory occupied by BW objects – Info Objects, DSO, Info cube, PSA, Change log.
This blog helps to identify HANA memory consumption by BW objects – Info Objects, DSO, Info cube, PSA, Change log.
1. Open the attached SQL document – HANA_MEMORY_CONSUMPTION_BY_BW_OBJECTS.sql
2. In the SQL statement, One small change has to be done. Replace String – SAPSID with your BW SCHEMA in all the places.
If your BW Schema is SAPBW1,
When “SCHEMA_NAME” = ‘SAPSID’ –> When “SCHEMA_NAME” = ‘SAPBW1’
from “SAPSID”.“RSTSODS” –> from “SAPBW1”.“RSTSODS”
3. Execute the SQL statement and User Defined Function – HANA_MEMORY_CONSUMPTION_BY_BW_OBJECTS will be created on User Schema.
4. Call UDF Function and It will show HANA Memory occupied by BW objects – Info Objects, DSO, Info cube, PSA, Change log
Select * from “<User_Schema>”.“HANA_MEMORY_CONSUMPTION_BY_BW_OBJECTS” ()
It will help us to monitor HANA Memory occupied by all BW objects and to take decisions like PSA_Cleanup and Changlog_Cleanup.
The SQL further can be enhanced like calculating
1. ADSO Memory consumption,
2. Info Objects Memory Consumption by types Master Data, Text, Hierarchy