I have explained a way of using HANA SP before, and there was an argue reg. the AMDP. Here is how to make AMDP enble for BPC Logic.
In case of using HANA SP, we do not need ABAP since BADI which is predefined we can use. The BADI is consumed in BPC script logic(if you are not familiar with what I am talking about, pls read first the previous posting which is ‘logci by stored procedure – sap bpc on hana’).
But as you all know, BPC script is working by Data manager package if we do not use default logic. The pros is all they are standard features, cons is it is asyncronous so it is not suitable when we need implementation for the back and forth business process. Which mean there are actually many cases we need syncronous, schedule -> process -> refresh -> re-schedule -> re-process -> refresh again. In order to make this possble in normal way (using BADI), you may implement status checking, but it is actually interupt business process.
Using AMDP, you can make biz process more suitable. So Excel to Excel, not Excel -> status check -> refresh -> Excel.
Here is simple procedure to make AMDP enable to BPC.
1. You need first SQL, this is driven by biz requirement. Let assume there is copy requirement from input to adj.
2. Now you need to make an ABAP class in HANA Studio. You can find out how to info by searching SDN just like, http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-51612
– You need ABAP DEVELOPMENT TOOL on HANA studio. You can assign development package and abap class after installation. Assume you know all this kind of stuff, if you are not familiar ADT installation, you can find many information by googling.
3. Do not forget to close class implementation with SQL and ENDMETHOD. ENDCLASS. -> Now you have created CLASS in your development package.
4. Now go to SE80 to create function group and module.Assume you know how to create them, I only decribe simple code to call class. Before getting into the explaination, the reason we need ABAP program, only for linking Excel to Class. It is available with RFC. (anybody knows different way which is the better, pls share it)
5. Now you need unit test for two points. 1) check class using SE24 2) call class using SE37.
6. All server side stuff are ready for reporting, the remaining is to make VBA to call RFC. As you know there are many how to for the RFC in SDN.
Hope this is helpful, not only user consumes BPC easier, but also definitely development covers wider business.
Let me know any question reg. this and pls share your way to make us tune more.