It’s no secret that the workforce is changing. In fact, by 2017, 41 percent of the average organization’s workers will be external – including temps, contractors, consultants and other project-based workers.
What’s driving this shift? There are many factors including:
- Need for increased agility. In today’s market, businesses have to be flexible and able to respond to changing demands quickly. Utilizing external workers allows this.
- The skills shortage. In today’s tight talent market, organizations around the world are increasingly recruiting on a global scale and from varied talent sources outside traditional full-time employees. Furthermore, workers can often make more money and gain more varied experience working on a flexible basis.
- Emerging talent pools. As more people choose to work independently, traditional sourcing methods are going by the wayside. Businesses today now use mobile and social recruiting, as well as online talent platforms, in order to source in-demand external talent.
These varied factors have created a permanent shift in the talent landscape: finding the right person for a specific project for the exact amount of time needed to complete the project is a very real option. The most successful companies are creating a top-notch blend of full-time employees and external workers. This holistic approach to workforce management is referred to as total talent management.
While many businesses have a solution like SAP SuccessFactors in place to oversee permanent employees, they are often challenged to gain the same visibility into their flexible workforce. This is where SAP Fieldglass comes in. Our solution provides businesses insight into their external workforces which creates opportunities for cost savings, process improvements, better compliance and more.
With a recently released integration between SAP Fieldglass and SAP SuccessFactors, companies can jointly manage their permanent and non-permanent talent. Attend our session, Holistically Manage Your Total Workforce, at SuccessConnect 2016 to learn more about:
- Best practices for managing the entire workforce
- Benefits of total workforce management
- Techniques and processes to engage workers holistically
This session is on Tuesday, August 30 at 11:30 a.m. in Marcello 4405. We look forward to seeing you there!