Data Flow in SAP Fiori
In this blog, I have tried to cover the data flow process in Fiori system landscape when user makes a request via Fiori Launchpad. Also about run time data flow in Front-End server and Back-End server.
Above architecture by SAP.
Front-end server − Web server and OData Proxy.
Back End server − OData provider.
Fiori Data flow in Front End server
SAP ABAP Front-End server contains all the UI components of Fiori system and NetWeaver gateway. These UI components consist of central UI add on, SAP UI5 control library and SAP Fiori Launchpad. When Launchpad is called, the app reads Launchpad definition via OData service call.
- It contains all the OData services, UI and Launchpad objects.
- Users are defined and required roles are assigned in Front End server.
- It interacts with Back End server using trusted RFC connection and system alias to communicate with Back End.
- Fiori apps gets data by calling OData service. The data from Back End is pulled in the apps through the Front End gateway system.
Fiori Data flow in Back End server
SAP ABAP Back-End Server contains the SAP business suite which provides business logic and the back-end data.
- The back-end server is based on SAP NetWeaver.
- It contains users, roles and authorizations.
- Users should have an authorization S_RFCACL that performs Authorization check for RFC users, particularly for trusted systems.
Want to check data flow in SAP Fiori Launchpad ?
Go to Launchpad, right click on Tile → Inspect Element.
For example: My Leave Request
It opens into developer options screen. Click the Network tab, initially you will not find anything as below.
Refresh the Launchpad browser link, you can see the call to different services as below.
Open the OData service URL in new tab.
You can now search for the My Leave Request in OData service details.
Thanks & Regards