You may know that in SRM bidding evaluation, purchasers have the option to evaluate the same bid separately (technical and price).
This is part of the Two-Envelope RFx response processing available in the Public Sector (PPS) business function in SRM.
Some customers does not want to have the below standard design in SRM, hence the reason behind this blog is to give an alternative to modify this process.
The standard SRM delivers the below process:
- Bid Floor admin initiates the Technical Bid Response opening process (All Technical users receives notification to open Technical RFx)
- Once Technical RFx Response opening process is done, Technical Evaluators receive email
- Based on the Evaluation Comments, Purchaser may accepts/rejects the Technical Responses at this time (In this example, NO ACTION is done)
- Bid Floor Admin initiates the Price Response opening process
- All price users receives notification and price opening process is done
- At this time here, system allows to perform actions like below:
- Price bid opening comparison is possible before technical evaluation result
- Follow on document (PO/Contract) is possible to create
This behavior is in accordance to this KBA here.
Standard does not restricts the initiation of Price opening if the Technical Responses have not yet been accepted or rejected, because this process completely depends on customer scenario.
In case you want to modify this behavior, we suggest to create an enhancement in the code.
For that, you can work on class /SAPPSSRM/CL_TD_PERMISSIONS method /SAPPSSRM/IF_TD_PERMISSIONS~PR_GET_META_ACTIONS.
Here along with checking PS_TECH_OPND set to “X”, you can also check PS_TECH_QTE_STA set to “X”.