I am very excited to announce the release of a new SAP/SuccessFactors class – WNAPCC – SAP/SuccessFactors Payroll Control Center. This class goes into detailed configuration that will teach you how to configure the Payroll Control Center (PCC). The PCC is applicable to both SuccessFactors Employee Central Payroll customers, as well as SAP On Premise Payroll customers (Including EC + SAP Payroll Hybrid Models) and as such, this class has been built to be relevant to both.
This is a class that I was fortunate enough to be able to create from scratch with a lot of freedom and flexibility. I was also fortunate to have the support and guidance of product management throughout this process. I have been working very hard the past few months to get this class ready as I have found it to be an area with a lot of misconceptions and confusion and one where there is a lot of help needed in the marketplace.
In order to create this class I chose to setup the Payroll Control Center from scratch in my system. I was given a SAP system on the appropriate enhancement pack and support pack level and decided to do every aspects of the configuration in order to make sure that I did understand it and could teach it and explain it. From activating the business functions and setting up Netweaver Gateway to configuring the PCC processes and writing/updating the ABAP code for validations/KPIs as well as everything in between.
There were a lot of long nights and weekends involved in setting up and configuring the PCC for this class, but now that this class is available it will help others get up to speed significantly faster and learn about the complex relationships and steps involved with the setup. Here is a full breakdown of the structure of the class and what all you will learn about when you attend this class
- Unit 1 Introduction to the Payroll Control Center
- Lesson 1 Current Payroll Process
- Lesson 2 Payroll Control Center Overview
- Lesson 3 PCC Technical Pre-requisites
- Unit 2 Payroll Control Center Configuration
- Lesson 1 Payroll Results Declustering
- Lesson 2 Payroll Control Center Background Jobs
- Lesson 3 Understanding PCC Configuration
- Unit 3 Payroll Control Center Delivered Roles
- Lesson 1 Payroll Manager Role
- Lesson 2 Payroll Administrator Role
- Unit 4 Payroll Control Center Rapid Deployment Solution
- Lesson 1 Rapid Deployment Solution Overview
- Lesson 2 Pre-Configured Payroll Processes & Key Performance Indicators
- Lesson 3 Pre-Configured Validation Rules
- Lesson 4 RDS Implementation
- Unit 5 Payroll Control Center Integration
- Lesson 1 Fiori Launchpad
- Lesson 2 HR Renewal
- Lesson 3 Employee Central (SAP Payroll with EC & SF ECP)
- Unit 6 Payroll Control Center Authorization
- Lesson 1 SAP PCC Authorization
- Lesson 2 Employee Central Role Based Authorization
- Unit 7 Payroll Control Center Tools
- Lesson 1 Audit Tools
- Lesson 2 Reset Process Instance
- Lesson 3 Declustering Tools
This class will also go into the new functionality that SAP has rolled out in the past few releases including:
- Fiori Integration
- Process Context Functionality
- Event Handler
While this class was created as a North American workshop in order for to get it rolled out ASAP (Denoted by the WNA in the course code), this class has been setup using the International Payroll Area (99) and is relevant to all countries and is NOT North America specific. Feel free to sign up regardless of which country you are in.
The first public instance of this class will be taught September 6, 2016 – September 9, 2016 as a Virtual classroom and I will be teaching this class!
For more information or to register, visit the training.sap website at the following link.
I would like to be clear that while we do go into details and have an entire Lesson on SuccessFactors Employee Central Payroll as well as showing the integration with EC,this is not an Employee Central Payroll class. This class is taught from an SAP On Premise system.
For a non technical audience who would like overview of the Payroll Control Center capabilities without looking at configuration, see my upcoming SAP Press book on the PCC. This book is perfect for HR/Payroll end users, Executives, pre-sales/sales, marketing or any others who want to understand the capabilities of the Payroll Control Center without going into the technical details and configuration.
For additional information on the Payroll Control Center see the following relevant blog posts.
Feel free to leave any questions about this new class in the comments section below!