**Update 5/21/2019 – When this blog was originally written the class was a North American workshop called WNAPCC that was only available as Instructor Led Training (ILT), but it has since been converted to a global class HRH65 that can now be taught around the world and the content is now also available on Learning Hub**
I am very excited to announce the release of a new SAP/SuccessFactors class – HRH65 – SAP/SuccessFactors Payroll Control Center. This class goes into detailed configuration that will teach you how to configure the Payroll Control Center (PCC). The PCC is applicable to both SuccessFactors Employee Central Payroll customers, as well as SAP On Premise Payroll customers (Including EC + SAP Payroll Hybrid Models) and as such, this class has been built to be relevant to both.
This is a class that I was fortunate enough to be able to create from scratch with a lot of freedom and flexibility. I was also fortunate to have the support and guidance of product management throughout this process. I have been working very hard the past few months to get this class ready as I have found it to be an area with a lot of misconceptions and confusion and one where there is a lot of help needed in the marketplace.
To create this class I chose to setup the Payroll Control Center from scratch in my system. I was given a SAP system on the appropriate enhancement pack and support pack level and decided to do every aspects of the configuration in order to make sure that I did understand it and could teach it and explain it. From activating the business functions and setting up Netweaver Gateway to configuring the PCC processes and writing/updating the ABAP code for validations/KPIs as well as everything in between.
There were a lot of long nights and weekends involved in setting up and configuring the PCC for this class, but now that this class is available it will help others get up to speed significantly faster and learn about the steps involved with the setup. Here is a full breakdown of the structure of the class and what all you will learn about when you attend this class
- Unit 1 Introduction to the Payroll Control Center
- Lesson 1 Current Payroll Process
- Lesson 2 Payroll Control Center Overview
- Lesson 3 PCC Technical Pre-requisites
- Unit 2 Payroll Control Center Rapid Deployment (RDS) & Partner Solutions
- Lesson 1 Rapid Deployment Solution Overview
- Lesson 2 Delivered RDS Content & Partner Content
- Lesson 3 Technical Implementation Details
- Unit 3 Payroll Control Center Configuration
- Lesson 1 Payroll Results Declustering
- Lesson 2 Payroll Control Center Background Jobs
- Lesson 3 Understanding PCC Configuration
- Unit 4 Payroll Control Center Roles
- Lesson 1 Manager Role
- Lesson 2 Administrator Role
- Unit 5 Payroll Control Center Integration
- Lesson 1 Fiori Launchpad
- Lesson 2 HR Renewal
- Lesson 3 SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
- Unit 6 Payroll Control Center Authorization
- Lesson 1 SAP PCC Authorization
- Lesson 2 Employee Central Role Based Authorization
- Unit 7 Payroll Control Center Tools
- Lesson 1 Audit Tools
- Lesson 2 Reset Process Instance
- Lesson 3 Declustering Tools
- Unit 8: Payroll Control Center Case Study
This class has been setup using the International Payroll Area (99) and is relevant to all countries and is NOT North America specific. Feel free to sign up regardless of which country you are in.
For more information or to register, visit the training.sap website at the following link.
The course go into details and have an entire Lesson on SuccessFactors Employee Central Payroll as well as showing the integration with SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central. This class is taught from an SAP HCM On Premise system.
For a non technical audience who would like overview of the Payroll Control Center capabilities without looking at configuration, see my Amazon book the book is also available as a hard copy and includes all recent innovations as of June 2019. This book is perfect for HR/Payroll end users, Executives, pre-sales/sales, marketing or any others who want to understand the capabilities of SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central Payroll including the Payroll Control Center without going into the technical details and configuration.
For additional information on the Payroll Control Center see the following relevant blog posts.
Feel free to leave any questions about this new class in the comments section below!