GTS Customs Export decleration – IDOC Simulation
Recently we have started setting up a customs export demo system in GTS-11 for our client presentation. Since automated e-filing of exports deceleration is one of the KEY feature facilitated by GTS hence we thought of showing the same in our demo along with all other capabilities.
In real time world we will have an interface established with the local customs export system (For Ex: AES in USA / ATLAS in Germany) from GTS for e-filing purpose. Customs authorities also provide a test environment for our GTS interface testing, but at this point of time we do not hold any connection with customs authority system therefore we have decided to use IDOC simulator for our e-filing scenario demo purpose.
Since this is quite easy and interesting topic therefore I thought of sharing this with a small blog, I am sure this is very useful and many people are already aware of it 🙂
Usages of IDOC simulator :
In an Implementation PROJECT, we can use IDOC simulator for GTS-Customs interface mock testing before going for a real time customs authorities interaction testing (Using customs authorities test environment)
How this helps?
If you already have a customs deceleration document is created and outbound message/output (Communication to customs system) has already been executed, this is when we can use IDOC simulator to generate inbound message and get the dummy registration (EX : ITN in USA will be provided by customs for your international shipment) number in Customs deceleration document, this will also opens up the further message processing and makes the deceleration document complete.
- All your inbound and outbound PPF actions configured correctly
- If you have already created partner profile for your outbound customs messages now you will need to create a partner profile for your inbound message as showed below
Transaction code: WE20
Test Run :
- Below you can see that I have manually executed export deceleration-2 outbound message and it is processed successfully with the pop up information. You can also clearly observe that no inbound message is registered at this point of time.
In realistic wold an outbound IDOC will be generated, and this will transmitted to Customs authorities through SEEBURGER .
- Now I am going to use IDOC Simulator to generate inbound message. Transaction Code /SAPSLL/IDOC_SIM
Key in your Customs export deceleration document number from previous step and execute
Now you can see inbound and outbound IDOC messages below, select inbound message and hit the execute button
An inbound IDOC will be generated
- Now you can go back to your Export deceleration document and validate the result
An inbound IDOC message has been updated with the required information
You can also see that Registration number (ITN ) updated in transportation tab
Hope this is helpful, please leave your comments if any.
HI RK good informatio. Thanks for it. Looking forward more
Very useful info.
Its really good ,Very useful
Thanks RK for providing Handsome information.It helps a lot.
Thanks for sharing wonderful information...But please let me know how we can convert into PDF doc?