The SAP Cloud Application Studio FAQ will help to answer questions that come up repeatedly or will resolve common issues.
The FAQ includes textual recommendations – and point to discussions in the SAP Cloud Application Studio forums, blogs, articles and so on.
Here are some useful blogs and links to get you started with the Cloud Application Studio
Available trainings and certifications for SAP Cloud Application StudioC4C Certification & Training
ByDesign openSAP training
Help Content on SAP Cloud Application Studio
SAP Cloud Applications Studio – SAP Help Portal Page
Webinar on Lifecycle Management
Best Practices for Scripting
The Cloud Application Studio has some tools that will help you analyze an issue arising out of the solution. Please consider using these before raising an incident.
- Dump Analysis tool – You may check the dump analysis tool first for any dump encountered from the Cloud Application Studio solution. Dumps arising from the Cloud Application Studio solution are listed here. To use the dump analysis tool in the SAP Cloud Application Studio go to View -> Dump Analysis option.
- For more information related to this tool you may refer to the help documentation in the SDK – Developer Desktop -> Dump Analysis
- Debugging – SDK offers you the capability to debug your solution.
- For more information related to debugging you may refer to the help documentation in the SDK – Developer Desktop -> Debugging
- Tracing – Use this feature to print out information from your solution as it is running. It can be started from Debug -> Windows -> Trace Explorer.
- For more information related to tracing you may refer to the help documentation in the SDK – Developer Desktop -> Tracing
- Performance Tips – To find improvements of code performance, use the Performance Tips option. To view it, select the .absl file in the Solution Explorer -> right-click, and select Performance Tips. This will list all the lines in the .absl script where code changes could lead to performance improvements.
- For more information related to this option you may refer to the help documentation in the SDK – Business Objects -> Business and Technical Background
What needs to be provided to SAP Cloud Product Support before opening an incident related to a Cloud Application Studio issue?
Please check the following blog that explains what SAP Cloud Product support needs in order to process Cloud Application Studio incidents smoothly:
What can you do to improve Mass Data Run Object’s (MDRO) performance?
To improve the performance of a MDRO you could do the following:
- Check if parallel processing is checked
- Check performance tips on the corresponding Action script of the MDRO
- Check if you can make changes to the query of the BO on which the MDRO is created to reduce the result set
You have encountered a dump in the UI for an Internal Communication. Why did it occur?
There are several issues which can lead to a dump in an Internal Communication. Some of them are listed below:
- You have mapped an element from a custom Node which was added to a standard Business Object. In the current System Release it is not possible to select elements from custom created Node which belong to standard Business Objects.
Which queries are supported in Cloud Application Studio and which query should you use for your use case?
Please check the following blog which describes all the different queries in the Cloud Application Studio and when to use which one: