In CRM IC Agent business role, when creating/changing a service request, knowledge articles can be suggested according to the categories and then displayed as an alert in context area.
For example, there is a categorization schema which can be used for a service request. A knowledge article is assigned to category DESKTOPS->MAC:
there is no knowledge article assigned to category DESKTOPS->WINDOWS:
If change category to ‘DESKTOPS’->’WINDOWS’, the previous alert will disappear and no alert is displayed:
Additionally, there is hyperlink for the alert. When click the hyperlink, it will navigate to knowledge article search screen:
This blog will explain the logics regarding how the alert is triggered, how the rule policy and alert for knowledge article are configured, how we can make our own rule policy and alerts, etc.
Auto suggest knowledge article alert in IC is newly introduced since CRM7.0 EHP1 with business function CRM_IC_CEBP. This blog is written with test data in EHP2 and EHP3 system.
Component/view for service request creation screen: SRQM_INCIDENT_H/INCIDENTOV
Component/view for category fields: BTCATEGORIES/Categories
- Define categorization schema and assign knowledge articles to categories as business required.
- An alert should be defined which will be displayed in IC context area(In this blog, the alert is AUTOSUGGEST_KAS).
- At least one rule policy should be defined for events AutoSuggestKAEnd and AutoSuggestKAStart (In this blog, the rule policy is AUTOKAS).
- Add the alert into the rule policy.
- After above preparation, when create/edit a service request in IC web and select/change a category, system will check if there is a knowledge article assigned to it.
- Set and raise event AutoSuggestKAEnd to remove existing alerts from context area.
- If there is at least one knowledge article assigned to the new category, event AutoSuggestKAStart will be raised to display alert in context area.
(from the steps 5 ~ 7, please refer to codes in method CL_BTCATEGO_CATEGORIES_IMPL->AUTO_SUGGEST_KA):
How to find out the rule policy triggered by event ‘AutoSuggestKAEnd’ and ‘AutoSuggestKAStart’:
- Logon business role IC_MANAGER.
- Go to ‘processing Modeling’->search ‘Rule Policies’.
- Search with event ID ‘AutoSuggestKAEnd’ or ‘AutoSuggestKAStart'(here, same rule policy AUTOKAS is used for both of the two events):
How is the rule policy AUTOKAS defined:
- Rule policy AUTOKAS definition( there are two alerts contained in the rule policy):
- Event AutoSuggestKAStart will trigger alert AUTOSUGGEST_KAS:
- Event AutoSuggestKAEnd will terminate alert AUTOSUGGEST_KAS:
How is the alert AUTOSUGGEST_KAS defined:
- Logon business role IC_MANAGER.
- Go to ‘Processing Modeling’->search ‘Alerts’.
- Search alert AUTOSUGGEST_KAS and click the hyperlink to display.
- Alert definition.
Some key steps when creating our own alert for knowledge article:
- When create alert, select navigation object/action ‘IC_KNOWS:B’ if you want the alert to navigate to knowledge search screen when click alert hyperlink.
- In order to add dynamic attributes, we can select ‘Event’->’AutoSuggestKAStart:NumberOfKA’ and then click ‘Insert Attributes’ button:
Some key steps when create our own rule policy for knowledge article:
- Should select context ‘Intent Driven Interaction(IC WebClient)’ when creating rule policy.
- Remember to add ‘business roles’ and ‘IC Events’.
- In order to trigger alert, set condition event equals to ‘AutoSuggestKAStart’ and set the alert name which was created previously.
- To remove the alert, set condition event equals to ‘AutoSuggestKAEnd’ and set the alert name which was created previously.
- Release the rule policy before using it.
CL_CRM_IC_AH_TRIG_ALERT_ABSTR, GET_ALERT_ATTRIBUTES, CL_CRM_SMF_SERVICE->EXECUTE, CL_CRM_SMF_ACTION_MANAGER->ADD_ACTION_TO_BUFFER, CL_CRM_SMF_POLICY, EVALUATE, CRMD_ERMS_PROF