A Recap of 2016 So Far
It’s been six months since our first Predictive Thursdays blog and during that time, 11 different authors have shared their thoughts about predictive analytics on 27 occasions. Looking back at these blogs, I’ve noticed four distinct categories, and today, I want to revisit the best blogs for each category.
1) Why Predictive Analytics
Yes, predictive is going mainstream in 2016, but many enterprises don’t feel ready to take the plunge yet.
- To know why predictive analytics matter to your enterprise, read one of our most-read blogs, Why Invest in Predictive Analytics?
- Embarking on a journey into advanced analytics? It’s vital to keep in mind important considerations like: How do we measure business value and ROI? Is advanced analytics just another technology project? Read Are You Planning to Embark on an Advanced Analytics Journey? and Part 2, What Should You Consider When Embarking on an Advanced Analytics Journey?
2) Predictive Use Cases
Today, predictive analytics is everywhere—marketing, health care, sports, even the production of sandwiches! Here are some of the popular use cases that our staff see when working with customers:
- Pret A Manger – Optimizing the quantities of sandwiches and salads to be produced and accelerating international expansion
- Three use cases that matter to the CMO: Cross-sell and upsell; customer churn and tailored product recommendation
- Squeezing more efficiencies from production assets: Predictive maintenance; smart grids; manufacturing.
3) Machine Learning and Algorithms
- Like Big Blue vs. Gasparov did nineteen years ago, AlphaGo vs. Lee Sedol struck our imagination and brought machine learning to the top of the news cycle. Read Go, AlphaGo, and the Reach of Machine Learning.
- Machine learning is here to help us make sense of data. Read Knowledge Discovery in the Age of Machine Learning.
4) News About Predictive Analytics
We had an extremely busy first half of 2016 at SAP and we were excited to share the latest news as they were happening. The highlight so far has been the release of SAP BusinessObjects Predictive Analytics 3.0.
- If you’ve missed it or want to revisit the highlights, read A Peek at The Future of Predictive Analytics with 3.0 and watch the three-minute video below.
[This post originally appeared on the SAP BusinessObjects Analytics blog]