What’s New in SAP Web IDE for SAP HANA SPS 12 Patch 1
We are happy to announce that SAP Web IDE for SAP HANA SPS 12 Patch 1 is now available for download on SAP Service Marketplace. The patch delivers a number of security-related, administration and development enhancements:
Two new user types are now supported:
- SAP Web IDE administrator for administration tasks
- SAP Web IDE developer for development tasks
For these user types, the new dedicated role templates are available in SAP HANA XS Advanced: WebIDE_Administrator and WebIDE_Developer. These templates contain the necessary permissions for the respective user types.
Multiple Space Support
To support the isolation of the development environment, SAP Web IDE enables developers to use dedicated spaces in SAP HANA XS Advanced for building and running their projects. Administrators can use the new Space Enablement admin tool to maintain and enable spaces for development.
New Admin Tools
- Space Enablement
Use this tool to enable spaces for SAP Web IDE development by deploying the builder component in each space.
- SSL Certificate Management
Use this tool to manage SSL certificates of the remote Git repositories. It replaces the CLI-based SSL Certificates Management tool that was used in the previous versions.
The Flowgraph Editor is now available in SAP Web IDE, enhanced with additional nodes:
- The Procedure node is available for smart data integration. You can call a stored procedure using this node when processing your data.
- The Cleanse node identifies, parses, validates, and formats the following data: address, person name, organization name, occupational title, phone number, and email address.
- The Geocode node generates latitude and longitude coordinates for an address, as well as providing an address if the input data is in the form of latitude and longitude coordinates.
This release also resolves a number of known issues.
For more information about installing, administering, securing and using SAP Web IDE, check out the SAP Web IDE for SAP HANA Documentation page.