#S4HANA customer series: S/4 leads the transformation of large manufacturing enterprise to Run Live
SAP S/4 HANA helps customers run simple in a digital and complex world. Many global companies have adopted SAP S/4HANA to become a Live business and a model digital enterprises. In this series we will show the value S/4HANA can bring with the help of examples businesses who already took to road to SAP S/4HANA.
One case in many
This time we will focus on a manufacturing company which has chosen SAP S/4 HANA for its digital transformation. This customer designs, manufactures and deploys advanced robotics systems for automation at distribution and fulfillment centers. With a strong presence in India, Singapore, and Hong Kong, this manufacturing customer completed their SAP S/4HANA implementation project within a period of just 5 months starting in Nov 2015 and going live in April ‘16. The customer went live with the below listed business scenarios:
- Finance (FIN): Core Finance, Asset Accounting, Controlling, Credit Management, India Localization, Accounts payable and Accounts receivable.
- Sales & Distribution (SD): Pricing, Sale from Stock, Make to Order (MTO) and Make to Stock (MTS), Buy and Sale process for stock transfer, India Localization, Customer Return, Service Sales, Consignment and Third party sales.
- Material Management (MM): Procurement process for Direct materials, subcontracting, Domestic & Import Procurement, Service Procurement, Consumables, Inventory Management, India Localization
- Production Planning (PP): Production Orders (Discrete), MRP, Variant Configuration, Product Costing
- Quality Management (QM): Basic QM processes with Inspection lots (Incoming Inspection)
Significant added business value
With the implementation of SAP S/4 HANA this company was able to realize tremendous additional business value. For one were the fulfillment of customer orders (sales orders) and delivery processing considerably improved. The Material Ledger led to a new operational efficiency in product costing and inventory valuation, which was just not possible before.
The SAP Fiori apps did not only improve efficiency, but also enabled a real-time insight into business, e.g. performance KPI’s. This supports the decision making process and also facilitates it. Another critical added value is simplicity, for example did the usage of BRF+ reduce the coding effort around certain scenarios of Output Management, which made it easier to maintain. And last but not least did the implementation of the India localization in SAP S/4HANA 1511 lead to drastic improvement in managing legal requirements.
This is only one of many examples that prove SAP S/4HANA delivers the value needed to lead your business through the Digital Transformation. Find more Success Stories here.
See collection here: #S4HANA customer series: S/4 leads the transformation – THE collection
Stay tuned for further customer examples in this series. Follow us via #S4HANA and myself via @SDenecken