New Release Highlights: SAP Identity Management 8.0 SP3
Our SP3 release of SAP Identity Management 8.0 is already available in software center.
The essential news in this release are:
- New connector with SAP Cloud Identity service to enable hybrid scenarios
- SAP IdM Development Studio works with Eclipse Neon
- Implemented feedback from customers and fixed issues in:
- Upgrade from 7.2
- Development Studio (Eclipse Plug-Ins)
The lab preview we showed at TechEd last year was the provisioning from SAP Identity Management 8.0 to SAP Cloud Identity service. By integrating with SAP Cloud Identity service, SAP Identity Management 8.0 will be able to manage the identities also for cloud solutions in the future.
The connector is REST-based. As a first version, it supports:
- Bulk loading users (Initial load) and their attributes to and from SAP Cloud Identity service
- Creating users on the target system
- Setting a productive password for a user
These are the usual constants to be configured
and the package content is:
By this integration, a user, which is provisioned to the cloud, would be able to benefit from a single sign-on experience with their HANA Cloud applications or other applications, which have configured trust with the SAP cloud identity provider available as part of the identity authentication service out-of-the-box.
SAP IdM Development Studio works with Eclipse Neon now. Neon requires Java 1.8 and there are some points to take care – I’ll share my experience in a separate short blog.
There are some improvements in the lab phase which include readiness for easier installation and enablement for Rapid Deployment Solution for IdM 8.0, which we hope to announce soon. Stay tuned for the coming release of RDS 8.0.
Also I’m preparing an upgrade of the ADM920 Identity Management 8.0 training environment to SP3 version.