Sybase IQ 16.0: How to extract the ODBC driver installer from the IQ Network Client Installer
In this post I describe how to extract the SAP Sybase IQ ODBC driver installer from
the SAP Sybase IQ Network Client Installer.
Why do I need to extract the individual SAP Sybase IQ ODBC installer anyway?
I need to install the ODBC driver on a MS Windows 10 client, but compatibility issues impedes the IQ Network Client
installer to execute; none of the compatibility modes available on MS Windows 10 works. However, executing
the individual SAP Sybase IQ ODBC driver installer works.
- MS Windows 10 Enterprise
- SAP Sybase IQ 16.0SP11
- Download the SAP Sybase IQ Network Client from the SAP download website. I downloaded IQNC160011_0-20011253.ZIP (EBF 25558: 16.0 SP11 PL 00). SAP account is required.
- Unzip the downloaded zip file on a temporary directory.
- Navigate to the directory IQNC160011_0-20011253\ebf25558\archives\iq_odbc. The IQ ODBC driver installer is named setup.exe, to install the IQ ODBC driver you only need to execute the setup.exe file. To install the driver in another MS Window 10 client machine, copy the setup.exe file to a central location or to the client machine, and execute it.
- Follow the installation instructions.
- Clean up any temporary file or directory.
Note: This post were first published in my personal website at http://wp.me/p1Gouv-9p