Partner Channel Management – THE way to engage your partners
Note that “SAP HANA Cloud Platform, Portal Service” is rebranded to SAP Cloud Platform Portal in March 2017.
We all know and understand the value of partners. Partners can serve as multipliers of your business if they are managed in an effective way. You can utilize partners to create an ecosystem around your business. And everyone wants to increase their business.
But it’s not that easy, right?
With the new Partner Channel Management Accelerator presented by the HCP Portal team, we try to make it a bit easier.
A little over a year ago we have presented the previous version of the Partner Chanel Management. We are now providing a newer version with enhanced capabilities that includes
- Better support in mobile experience
- Support for SAPUI5 and OData
- Enhanced capabilities for the administer and better theme integration
- The ability to create your site template and edit it in SAP Web IDE so that the Administrator can reuse it to create the site.
- And yes, we provide it as open source so you can modify it and tailor it to your needs.
If you read my previous blog on Support Site and the blog by Amit Maimon on accelerating your HCP cloud portal, you can see a pattern here. We are sharing it all with you so you can make it work in the best way for you needs.
Partner Channel Management Accelerator
Partner management is a journey, from invitation, registration and onboarding to creating opportunities and actually making the deals happen in order to create benefit for both sides. Your business is unique and requires specific needs, the Partner Channel Management Accelerator will provide you with a kick start to build your own solution.
The solution is integrated with SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer (C4C) in order to provide the relevant data from the system.
The solution is built on top of the HCP portal service to allow you creating a site that is role managed, with usage of Fiori Launchpad and integration with SAP Web IDE in order to allow you to create the site for your own need.
So what does it include?
- Invitation and Registration – you can invite your partners to register on your portal. Once the registration is complete, you can get started. The invitation and Registration service is integrated with SCI (SAP Cloud Identity)
- Leads – first of all you can see all the leads and filter them.
- Opportunities – you can review all the opportunities and drill down to get the specific details for each opportunity.
- You can see all appointments and tasks
- And you can Register Deals – Bingo J
Not too bad to get started with, hah?
So how do I get it?
The Partner Management Accelerator is provided as an open source in GitHub. Follow the link, download it, and carefully follow the instructions on the Readme file. Pay special attention to the configuration. And make sure you create the users in the portal and not in the C4C backend.
In order to run the solution you will need:
HCP Productive Account (the solution doesn’t work on trial), Portal service enabled, SCI tenant and C4C tenant.
Good luck and let us know what you think,
SAP Cloud for Customer – User Guide https://help.sap.com/cloud4customer
SAP Cloud for Customer – Administrator Guide https://help.sap.com/cloud4customer
Integration Guide INTEGRATION: Extending SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer