Bad news everyone, HR PD-profiles will not work in CUA landscape for GRC version 10.0 and further.
If you still use GRC 5.3 and PD-profiles are being assigned in your CUA-managed system you might be wonder this situation. I also was wonder when after long negotiations I got this news.
In short, the dialogue was like that:
– PD-profiles are not being assigned in HR system.
– Do you use CUA?
– Take it out of CUA
– Why? Our landscape based on CUA
– Dude, GRC doesn’t support PD-profiles for systems in CUA
– The previous version supported this functionality! Show me the document with this statement! 😡
– (oh, nerd !) here it is. Special for you http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2348602
So, instead of developing this functionality support team has released the note saying that this will not work any more.
The best solution I ever got!
I don’t know why this impossible to make. The system could at least put the entry in the table directly like it was in the previous version.
I’m really keen on GRC AC solutions since I started to work with them, but this way of ‘problem solving’ is inappropriate for SAP (imho).
The newer version shouldn’t loose its functionality, in contrary, it should have wider spectrum of functionality.
I would be appreciated to hear some one with a large competence in this area, why useful and working functionality was kicked out in new versions.