Hana Cloud Integration / Hana Cloud Platform – Integration Services provides a IDoc adapter that enables you to Integrate with your back end SAP ERP system using IDoc Adapters. This blog series is a detailed startup guide for the set up tweaks required to Integrate HCI and ERP using IDocs.In this multi part series we will look at sending IDoc’s from SAP ERP to HCI and vice versa.
There already exists a few blogs on SCN that covers the various individual pieces of this puzzle but the intent of this series is to collate this info from a PI Developer’s perspective. Where required I will also point to additional links / references that had helped me in my journey! Due credit to those content as well.
In Part 1 (this blog), we will look at steps to trigger an IDoc from SAP ERP to HCI from the scratch using Basic Authentication.
In Part 2 – we will look at using IDoc Number to search for IDocs in HCI
In Part 3 – we will then extend this to use Client Authentication.
In Part 4 – we will look at the steps to trigger an IDoc from HCI to SAP ERP using Basic Authentication.
SAP ERP Configuration
Test Your Flow
You are done! Trigger the IDoc using either your standard transaction or using We19. The IDoc should now be sent to HCI and processed by HCI.
Test Case#1 : HCI Integration Flow Executes Successfully
- IDoc triggered using WE19
- HCI Integration Flow Status
- IDoc Status in WE02
Test Case#2 – HCI Integration Flow Fails
- Make HCI Integration Flow Fails ( In my case SFTP Adapter is updated to have a invalid User Name )
- HCI returns a status HTTP 500 back to SAP ERP
- IDoc in WE02 will go into status 02 ( Failure )
- As the Integration happens using SOAP Over HTTP this is technically a Synchronous Integration and if a HTTP 202 / 200 is not received back from HCI, SAP will mark the IDoc status as failed.
Test Case#3 – IDoc triggered in WE19 with No of IDocs to be repeated as 2
- Single Message received at HCI.
- IDoc XML will contain 2 IDoc tags – 1 for Each IDoc
- HCI’s IDoc adapter uses SOAP over HTTP and hence this ends up becoming a Synchronous Flow.
- In SAP ERP,
- Make sure your Port in WE21 is of type XML HTTP & has SOAP Protocol Enabled.
- Make sure your RFC Destination in of Type G
- The status of your IDoc in WE02 will be 03 / 02 depending on the status of your Integration Flow in HCI.
- If HCI Integration Flow successful, Status = 03
- If HCI Integration Flow fails, Status = 02