What’s New in SAP Business ByDesign as of August 2016: iOS Badge Counter in Manager Approvals App
In this blog, we’d like to introduce you to one of the things that are new or have been changed in the August 2016 version of SAP Business ByDesign.
Of course, you can find more information in the What’s New in SAP Business ByDesign documentation, which is available online.
Today, we are going to talk about iOS Badge Counter in Manager Approvals App.
Manager Approvals App now supports the Apple iOS badge counter on iPhone and iPads. The badge counter shows the number of open approvals for the user in a red badge.
The badge counter is updated in the following ways:
- When the app is opened and you log on and use the app, the app updates the badge counter automatically. When you close the app, the counter however shows the number of open approvals.
- Automatically on a regular basis from the system using Apple’s Notification Service, even if you are not using the app. You must configure to receive notifications from the app to enable this feature.
Settings to enable iOS Badge Counter
You can do the following to enable badge counter in Manager Approvals App in your iOS devices:
- You will be asked if you want to receive notifications by this app when you launch the new version for the first time. iOS will present a popup in which you can decide if you want to receive notifications. This can be later refined in the device settings.
- You can reach the notification settings of the app from the general notification section of the settings, or from the app’s section within the settings.
- You should switch on Allow Notifications
- You should switch on Badge App Icon in order to see the badge counter at the icon
Are you familiar with the What’s New Video in SAP Business ByDesign? You can have a look at it here: