SAP Vancouver marches in Vancouver Pride Parade with 650,000 attendees!
Sunday, July 31, 2016 marked a special day for SAP Vancouver. Alongside 650,000 smiling supporters of equality and love, SAP Vancouver marched in the Vancouver Pride Parade for the very first time!
The full marching unit of colleagues and family members (one of whom celebrated their 4th birthday!) proudly represented SAP’s full commitment towards diversity and inclusion. At multiple stations during the parade, emcees announced SAP’s milestone of achieving 100% on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index 3 years in a row!
As a company that boasts 78,000 employees, 150+ nationalities, 310,000+ customers, it’s no wonder SAP is 100% committed to diversity & inclusion:
- Gender diverse management teams generate 48 percent higher operating margins. (McKinsey & Co.)
- Inclusive workplaces have 39 percent higher customer satisfaction. (Gallup)
- Managers most impact employee engagement via diversity and inclusion. (Catalyst)
- The Diversity Inc. Top 50 companies outperform stock exchanges by an average of 25 percent. (Diversity Inc.)
- Fostering an LGBT-inclusive workplace helps a company attract and retain top talent. (Harvard Business Review)
Diversity and inclusion encompasses much more than sexual orientation and the diverse group at Pride@SAP Vancouver is inspired and committed to help others believe that it’s all of our differences that help influence change, new ideas and innovation in the world.
Pride@SAP Vancouver is excited to go bigger and better in the 2017 parade, but also focus on internal engagement, education, coffee corners and external engagement through local outreach and joining SAP’s annual Month of Service volunteer event!
Special thanks to the incredible amount of support for Pride@SAP Canada from all parts of the business – your belief helped this come to life!
Want to get involved? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org!
Read more about SAP and the Human Rights Campaign here