THE STEPS PROVIDED IN THIS NOTE ARE REQUIRED IN ADVANCE IN ORDER TO PREPARE THE UPGRADE TO / OR FIRST TIME INSTALLATION OF RSP 3.2
Remote support platform for SAP Business One (RSP) from version 3.2 supports a new authorization concept in order to allow a machine-to-machine communication protocol which requires less maintenance of passwords.
This note describes all User roles required for RSP and their needed authorization.
1Related authorizations can be assigned to the very same S-User also – if so, the S-User2 becomes obsolete. The solution in this SAP note considers just S-User1.
Please carry out the following steps at least 3 working days before you plan to upgrade an existing RSP installation to RSP 3.2. or 3 days before you are going to implement RSP 3.2 for the first time.
If you are an SAP Business One customer refer to chapter A), if you are an SAP Business One Partner and want to enable the feature in behalf of your customer, refer to the updated chapter B).
A) SAP Business One Customers
1. Logon to https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/importantcontacts in order to identify your Superadministrator(s).
Note: In some cases it might happen that no Superadministrator gets displayed. To get this resolved, log an incident under component SBO-CRO-SMP and provide further information who (preferable which existing S-User) should become Superadministrator.
2. Get a Superadministrator of your company to log on to https://apps.support.sap.com/technical-user/index.html.
3. Choose “Create Technical User”.
4. Fill out the form and submit it. Note that for easy identification the Last name will always be —TECH-USER— and cannot be edited.
Note: The creation might take up to 24 hours.
4.1. Optional: In case you want RSP to download SAP Business One upgrade and patch packages, get the Superadministrator to logon to https://support.sap.com/users-authorizations.html and request a new personal user.
5. Get the Superadministrator to check https://apps.support.sap.com/technical-user/index.html if the requested technical user got created.
6. Once created, activate the Technical User by marking it and choose “Activate Technical User”.
7. Enter a Password twice. The password must fulfill certain policies which are shown while typing into the first password field.
Note: The activation might take 1 minute up to 24 hours.
8. Check https://apps.support.sap.com/technical-user/index.html if the requested user got activated.
9. Once activated, upgrade to / install RSP 3.2 or higher version. Enter the Technical User in order to establish a connection to SAP’s backend. Refer to the RSP Console
– Configuration Menu -> Channels -> SAP Channel
– Initialization wizard Window, “SAP Channel”
10. Test the connection.
11. Optional, in case a personal user got requested in step 4.1:
11.1 Your Superadministrator may regularly check https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/user/management
Once your requested user got listed there, mark the User ID S00xxxxxxxx and click on the “>” at the end of the row. Switch into Edit mode.
11.2 Select the authorization objects “Software download”, “Edit System Data”, “Edit all Login Data”, “Edit my Login Data”, “Open Remote Connections”.
11.6 Save the settings.
Back into the RSP Console open the Initialization wizard, enter the S-user credentials into the Software Updates window and test the connection.
For the SAP Remote connection feature (available from RSP 3.2 PL3) you may use this S-User too.
For any technical problem related to the application “Technical User for Data Transfer”, please open an incident using component XX-SER-SAPSMP-USR.
B) SAP Business One Partners
- Logon to the SAP Business One Launchpad
- Select your customer in question
- Click on the tile “Technical Users”Note: In difference to the Technical User application for customers, your partner S-user needs to have the authorization “Maintain SBO-Users” only in order to create Technical Users in behalf of your customers.
- Click on the Request User icon ‘+’
- Adjust the opening form where required.
Note: In most cases the default values should not be overwritten.
Especially the email address should remain as the one of the requestor of the Technical User, so the requestor can be contacted if there is a question about the specific Technical User.
- Click on the Save button, so the request will be submitted. You should notice a toast message about the success and expected timeframe (or error message with further information)
- Close the application.
- Logon to the application regularly and check if a Technical User with inactive status has been created.
In the unlikely case that the requested Technical user should not be shown within 24 hours after requesting it, log an incident using component SBO-RSP.
- Once the inactive user ID gets displayed, the Technical User needs to be selected and activated via the Activate button
- Enter a Password twice. The password must fulfil certain policies which are shown while typing into the first password fieldNote: The activation might take 1 minute up to 24 hours.
- Once activated, upgrade to / install RSP 3.2 or higher version. Enter the Technical User in order to establish a connection to SAP’s backend.Refer to the RSP Console – Configuration Menu -> Channels -> SAP Channel or – Initialization wizard Window, “SAP Channel”
- Test the connection.
In case you are experiencing issues with the Technical User application for partners, please log an incident. In difference to the Technical User application for customers (refer to Chapter A) you have to use component SBO-RSP.
This document refers to:
SAP Business One Notes
This document is referenced by:
SAP Business One Notes (3)