Solution Manager 7.2: T-code Specific Response Time Monitoring
Frequently there have been requests to monitor the response time of specific transactions (T-code) in SAP.
Following are the steps to follow to enable transaction specific monitoring for response in Solution Manager.
This was created using Solution Manager 7.2 but the process is essentially the same in 7.1.
Table ALTRAMONI in the system that the transaction to be monitored in needs to be updated as follows.
- Log on the system (managed object) of where the transactions that are to be monitored
- Execute transaction SE16.
- In the Table Name field, enter ALTRAMONI and choose Table Contents.
- On the Data Browser: enter table ALTRAMONI. The selection screen appears and select execute.
- Choose ‘Create’ and enter the transaction to be monitored and/or the client.
- To monitor a particular transaction in all clients, enter the transaction code and * as the client name.
- Enter a descriptive name of your choice for the monitoring object (field MO_NAME). It is recommend to use the name of the T-code.
- Specify an MTE class (field MTECLASS). Also recommend to use the name of the T-code here as well
- Always specify <CURRENT> for the SERVER_ID. Save.
The completed entries should look like the example below.
Now log onto Solution Manager and navigate to template maintenance. In Solution Manager 7.2, from the Fiori Launchpad you will select the Configuration tile from the Configuration group.
From the menu on the left side of the screen select ‘System Monitoring’
Now go to the Template Maintenance step.
Select ‘Technical System’ templates.
Select the version of SAP ABAP for your Managed Obejct.
Then either update an existing template or create a new one. (In this example I had already created a custom template.)
Make sure that you are in ‘Expert’ mode and select tab ‘Metrics, Events, Alerts Hierarchy’
Scroll down and expand the Alert ‘Bad System Response Time’
Expand ‘Transaction Response Times’
Making sure that you are in ‘Edit’ mode…
Select tab ‘Data Collection’ and select ‘Add Variant’.
Then add the T-codes you wish to monitor.
Now select tab ‘Threshold’ and set the alert threshold that the alerts will be triggered at.
(These thresholds were set extremely low in order to trigger the alerts for verification)
Save your changes and ‘Apply and Activate’ the template for the Managed Object.