Your Meeting Will Never be the Same—SAP Digital Boardroom
Probably the most innovative analytics capability of the last couple of years is SAP Digital Boardroom. I think I have mentioned many times here, that “your meeting will never be the same,” for the very simple reason that your meeting will never be the same. The SAP Digital Boardroom is the ultimate facility to monitor, measure, and simulate the heartbeat of your enterprise in real time and with online access to the detailed transactional data.
Composed of three touch screens, the SAP Digital Boardroom provides a full-cockpit overview of your enterprise performance covering analytics and business intelligence, planning, and predictive analytics. We call this the Closed Loop portfolio of analytics and I haven’t seen any vendor doing this so wonderfully.
A few elements are key when judging and considering the SAP Digital Boardroom:
- Real time: the SAP Digital Boardroom works in real time, accessing in-memory platforms ensuring stunning performance.
- Online: everything is online, so no latency or disruption.
- Access to transactional detail: the SAP Digital Boardroom is not about summarized information, but about consolidated information. It means every transactional detail is embedded and accessible.
- Simulation: respecting the closed loop portfolio of analytics, the digital boardroom integrates analytics and business planning. Concretely it means that one can simulate—adjusting the planning numbers will immediately show the simulated outcome in the analytics numbers. As such, it allows you during your meetings to simulate the outcome of certain business decisions.
- Integrated planning: like above, the integrated planning module provides you online insights in your planning cycles, budgets and rolling-performance
- Integrated predictive analytics; handling your big data can only be done systematically when using predictive models. The digital boardroom has a number of key R algorithms embedded
- Tap and answer questions on the fly. The touch-screens are a great interface. Just walk to the digital boardroom, tap any information, and drill down, simulate, explore, or zoom any insights.
It is SAP BusinessObjects Cloud that drives the content of the SAP Digital Boardroom. As such, the visual capabilites of the SAP Digital Boardroom come with all the powerful capabilities of SAP BusinessObjects Cloud like:
- Interactive charts
- GEO maps with polygon select
- Customizable input controls
- Chart and story interdependancy
- Highly advanced color coding and threshold settings
- Full self-service
- Cloud solution running and leveraging the SAP HANA Cloud Platform HCP
- Alerts, tasks and agenda planning
- Full collaboration
This video gives a glimpse of what the SAP Digital Boardroom is all about. Be amazed by its power like I am.
This is another deployment on the SAP Digital Boardroom worth a watch:
This blog originally appeared on Iver van de Zand’s blog and has been republished with permission.