Having successfully offered the SAP ONE Support Launchpad and its applications since the start of the Early Adopters Program in October, 2015, we would now like to share some tips and trick on how to use the new platform. Most of these hints are based on questions and feedback that we have collected through various feedback channels, including the feedback form that is accessible via the footer of the SAP ONE Support Launchpad.
The first post in our blog series features the central search tool.
Update 12.09.2016: To support the blog article, you can now find in addition QuickIQ tutorials in the SAP Enterprise Support Academy – Learning Studio for the topics:
- How to Find SAP Note or KBA by Number
- How to Change Role Assignment
- Exact vs. Fuzzy and Operator Search
- Finding SAP Notes or KBA by Number: There are three possibilities to find a SAP Note or Knowledge Base Article (KBA), e.g. SAP Note 1603246, by number:
- Input field on the SAP Support Portal: On the portal’s homepage, you can use the “Enter Note/KBA Number” input field in the upper-right corner to display a note by entering its number. It will then be opened in a new browser window or tab.
- Search field in the SAP ONE Support Search:
- Auto-completion and suggestions assist you enter a search term. If the search term is a note number, one of the suggestions will be a direct link to the note, in this example “0001603246 – Rfx – Integration ERP Sourcing”. This link gives one-click-access to the SAP Note/KBA.
- Search field in the SAP ONE Support Search:
- If you enter the note number and trigger a search by pressing Enter or clicking the magnifier icon, the SAP Note/KBA with the respective number is listed as first result in the list. All notes which contain the number as text are listed underneath.
- Please note that SAP Standard Notes and notes with limited availability are currently excluded from the search.
- Search field in SAP Notes display applications:In applications that list or display SAP Notes, an “SAP Note/KBA Number” input field is provided in the header. It allows one-click-access to notes which are then opened in a new browser window or tab.
- Role assignment: If you are assigned to the role “SuccessFactors”, the search will retrieve only results in component “LOD-SF”. However, you can easily change this by assigning more roles to your user profile: Access the launchpad’s user profile section via the link in the upper-right corner or by entering https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/user/profile
- Exact vs Fuzzy and Operators: The search for keywords uses fuzzy search: It returns results even in case of misspellings or other variations. A search for ‘error mssage’, for instance, will return results that contain the correctly spelled term ‘error message’ or its plural ‘error messages’.By default, multiple search terms are connected by the AND operator: Only those results are shown that contain all terms (or their variations). Use the upper-case word OR if you want to connect search terms by OR, i.e. find all results that contain at least one of the terms (or its variations).Put your search term into quotation marks to use the method Phrase. In a phrase, the order of the words is considered: “error message” finds only notes that contain ‘error’ directly followed by ‘message’ (or its variations).Fuzzy search is not used for numbers as search terms. If you want to use fuzzy search for a number, put it into quotation marks, i.e. use for instance “1603246” instead of 1603246. Phrases are always interpreted as text and therefore fuzzy search is used.If a number is combined with a word, a (fuzzy) text search is conducted.
- SAP ONE Support Search vs. Expert Search: We differentiate between two use cases:
- Searching for a solution by using a text query: This case is best handled using the central search field.
- (Periodically) retrieving a specific set of SAP Notes or KBAs, e.g. all notes for a specific component and support package, released within the last month: In this case the new Expert Search should be used. It is available via the tile SAP Notes and KBAs I am interested in. The application allows you to define and store multiple queries. One of them can be added to the launchpad tile, which will then show real-time KPIs about the query. More information can be found in the release notes or online help (https://support.sap.com/launchpad).
- Open Result items in a New Window: If you want to open a result in a new browser window or tab, right click on the title of the item and select the respective option from the context menu.
- Default Limitation to Last Five Years: By default the search is limited to the last five years. You can retrieve older entries by changing the search filter.
- Default Language when Searching: By default the search language is set to the user’s profile language. The search processes the query for texts in this language.
- Search using a wildcard: A search for ‘all’ similar to a search for ‘*’ is currently not offered by the SAP ONE Support Search. Searching for SAP Notes/KBAs by attributes can be performed by the application SAP Notes and KBAs I am interested in, https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/mynotes.
Note: Piloting Program SAP ONE Support Launchpad: We are inviting interested customers to a special piloting program for the SAP ONE Support Launchpad. In this program, we offer rollout and feedback sessions where we present new functionality available since the last release, give an outlook and insight on what we are currently working on, present information around the SAP ONE Support Launchpad, and collect and discuss feedback and ideas with participants. Sessions are held every 6-8 weeks. All interested customers or partners can participate without obligations. The only prerequisite is a valid Feedback Agreement .In case you would like to be involved and invited to all future sessions, simple send me an email (email address is available via my SCN Profile) with your name, S-User, e-mail address, and name of your company..