I have always faced the issue of warning message “The file you are trying to open, ‘filename.xls’ is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file. Do you want to open the file now?” while downloading data to excel sheet from internal table.
Finally I came across a solution which helped me get rid of this warning.Even though it is not a permanent fix, this can be used in some cases.
Do the following steps:
- Open your Registry (Start -> Run -> regedit.exe)
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\OFFICE\12.0\EXCEL\SECURITY
- Right click in the right window and choose New -> DWORD
- Type “ExtensionHardening” as the name (without the quotes)
- Verify that the data has the value “0″
This helped me resolve the issue.Hope it will be useful for some of you guys.