Tip to put conditional breakpoint
While debugging the standard Tcode in ABAP, we can’t find the exact approach to get to the point where the certain procedure is taking place e.g. Message/Function call/Method call/Screen Modification etc.
So this is about direct approach to reach the point for the statement.
Suppose we have the idea that the function module ‘POPUP_TO_CONFIRM’ is the FM which is causing error. So follow these steps:
- Put /h in the command line and call your tcode.
- once you are in the debugger screen, press ‘SHIFT+F5’ and in the Function tab type the name of the FM e.g. POPUP_TO_CONFIRM.
- Press F8.
- the screen will stop at the function module exactly if it is used.
- Similarly we can put Select command in the Command tab again.
- Similarly To find the source of Screen Modification, Just type Modify Screen in the command tab and press enter. and then press F8.
- The cursor will stop at the statement exactly.
- And by this help we can find the name of the program or class where the changes are taking place.