While debugging the standard Tcode in ABAP, we can’t find the exact approach to get to the point where the certain procedure is taking place e.g. Message/Function call/Method call/Screen Modification etc.
So this is about direct approach to reach the point for the statement.
Suppose we have the idea that the function module ‘POPUP_TO_CONFIRM’ is the FM which is causing error. So follow these steps:
- Put /h in the command line and call your tcode.
- once you are in the debugger screen, press ‘SHIFT+F5’ and in the Function tab type the name of the FM e.g. POPUP_TO_CONFIRM.
- Press F8.
- the screen will stop at the function module exactly if it is used.
- Similarly we can put Select command in the Command tab again.
- Similarly To find the source of Screen Modification, Just type Modify Screen in the command tab and press enter. and then press F8.
- The cursor will stop at the statement exactly.
- And by this help we can find the name of the program or class where the changes are taking place.