SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central prepackaged integration with Hana Cloud Integration (HCI): package update and versions of the integration packages
SAP delivers prepackaged integration for replication of data between SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central (SFEC) and SAP Enterprise Resource Planning system.
Currently, the following prepackaged integrations are provided:
- Employee Data
- Organizational Data
- Employee Absence Data
- Cost Center
The E2E prepackaged integration includes the SFEC APIs, Middleware content (HCI integration packages) and SAP inbound processing with integration AddOn (e.g. PA_SE_IN 100 for employee and organizational data replication).
The first HCI content was delivered with SFEC release 1602 (AddOn PA_SE_IN100 SP13). It corresponds to the HCI Integration packages of Version 1.0.0.
The following SFEC ERP Integration packages are available in HCI catalog:
- SuccessFactors Employee Central to SAP ERP Organizational Data
- SuccessFactors Employee Central to SAP ERP Employee Data Replication
- SuccessFactors Employee Central to SAP ERP Employee Absence Data
- SAP ERP to SuccessFactors Employee Central Cost Center
- SAP ERP to SuccessFactors Employee Central Employee Data
- SAP ERP to SuccessFactors Employee Central Confirmation.
Package update and Versions of HCI Integration package
If there are changes in HCI content a new Version of Integration package is provided.
The SAP Version of Integration package includes Version and Patch numbers:
- first digit refers to Version number e.g. 2.0.0 means Version 2;
- second digit refers in Patch number e.g. 2.1.0 means correction Patch 1 of Version 2.
The pic below shows the Integration package of the Vesion 2 and Patch 1.
If SAP delivers a new Version of Integration package, it is available in HCI catalog on the official SFEC preview date (e.g. 06.08.2016 for release 1608). Starting with the SFEC preview data the customers could pull a new version of integration package in the test tenant for testing.
All customers get the Integration packages automatically updated (Auto Update) on the official SFEC release date (e.g. 10.09.2016 for release 1608).
Patches, as necessary corrections, are pushed with a short release date to all customers.
In case of incompatible changes SAP creates new Integration package. The new Integration package are to be installed by the customer.
Further information is available in SAP Help portal:
- Prepackaged data replication: http://help.sap.com/hr_integration -> Employee Central -> SuccessFactors and SAP ERP: Core Hybrid HCM
- Standard documentation of SAP HCI: http://help.sap.com/cloudintegration
Further related blogs:
- SFEC HCI Early Adopter program: https://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/blog/2015/12/09/successfactors-employee-central-starts-transition-to-sap-hana-cloud-integration-hci
- SAP HCI trial program for customers and partners: http://scn.sap.com/community/hana-in-memory/blog/2013/10/22/sap-hana-cloud-integration–test-and-learn-more-about-sap-s-cloud-based-integration-solution