SAP has recently announced the availability of the SAP Geographical Enablement Framework. This framework works as the foundation to extend business data with geometric attributes for SAP Business Suite applications. As a framework leveraging the spatial capabilities inherent in SAP HANA, it enables organizations to develop geospatially enriched business data, and make them accessible from within SAP applications as well as external GIS (geographical information system) systems. Please see SAP Newsroom article for more details.
As part of our customer engagement initiative, we are happy to offer a 2-3 day workshop about the product’s strategy, capabilities, and architecture, along with how to customize/extend the framework to meet your needs. A detailed agenda will follow, which might include presentations, free training, testing, and an interactive design thinking workshop.
- SAP customers with a technical knowledge of the SAP Business Suite applications and GIS domain expertise.
- SAP customers with a business understanding of use cases for geo-enabling business processes
- Be among the first ones to learn and obtain deeper understanding about the product.
- Get free training before product’s official training comes out.
- Obtain hands-on experience with the product and test latest features.
- Provide feedback and influence the product’s roadmap.
- It is a unique opportunity to spend time with SAP experts and product development team.
- Network with peer companies with similar needs.
- The workshop is free of charge (only travel expenses need to be covered by participants).
2016 October 25 – 27
- October 25 / Tuesday: Presentations and hands-on activities for all audiences in any industry.
- October 26 / Wednesday: Separate activity tracks for technical and business audiences in any industry.
- October 27 / Thursday (for Utilities Customers): Utilities customers will also have the chance to engage with other projects such as Energy Analytics and S/4HANA Back-Office Launch Center for Utilities.
SAP Montreal, Suite 9000, 111 Duke Street, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H3C 2M1.
Please note that the workshop will be held in English, and only a limited number of seats are available. We can offer up to 2 seats per company (1 business and/or 1 technical background) to interested and selected customers on a “first come / first serve” basis.
How to Register?
In order to register for the workshop, please contact Weiling Xu at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 28th, 2016.