The purpose of this document to explain the creation of advanced search options/filters for custom solution.
Advance filters are used to filter the data based on the value entered in the filter fields, here we are replication the standard functionality in our custom solution.
Firstly create a custom BO with required fields and screens.
1. Open the OWL screen in the UI designer and create a new SADL query from the controller tab.
2. All the elements of the BO will be displayed here, select the desired elements from the element list. Only selected elements can be added to our advance filter.
3. Open DataModel tab, the selected elements in the previous step will start appearing in the data model under SearchParamaters2 data structure.
4. Go to designer tab and click on Advanced button to create the find forms for the owl screen.
Click on yes
5. A find form pane will appear, here the the filter fields will be added.
6. Drag and drop the fields from data structure SearchParameters2 to the find from pane.
7. From properties of OWL screen select FindForms and then select SearchTextBinding and bind it with SearchText data field of SearchParameters2 data structure.
8. From properties of OWL screen select the Default DefaultSet option and set it’s value to the defaultset of the SADL query, here “DefaultSet1” is the defaultset of our SADL query.
9. Save and activate the screen. The preview of the advance form will be like:
Here you can enter the desired data on whose basis the records will be filtered.