Having followed the interviews month by month for those who get the prestigious ‘Member of the month’ award I am keen to know what they do / How they do
so I am creating this blog post to share what I could possibly understand by reading all interviews .I hope the post is helpful for those like me who are aiming to be recognized some day to be on the hall of Fame page More details and the list of winners is mentioned in the below link based on which I have done my research
1. How many points do they have on an average per year and till date
This is a range of the points I have found based on the last 12 months data and also took out an average of it .
So maybe if you fall between this you may consider having a good chance of being considered a member of the month or maybe this is not a criteria at all
But just a thought? I see the range quite a large interval I only took it for the last 12 months though.
2. How they all started on their way to become the SDN MoM ?
– Initially just a silent absorber posting queries
– Trying to answer a few queries in the specific area in which they were working
– Creating blog posts which are like sharing some stories and can be random things that you think and would be useful for the SCN community to grow and expand
– Be a document addict . Think of every problem you solve as an opportunity to learn something new and document it the same day before your start sight on what you did. So postponing after the projects / work is competed might not be a good idea. Provide real time tips and tricks which people can relate to.
-If it is not something you have solved before even then try to find answers to queries by doing research.
– Try to answers or follow posts from multiple areas and expand your skillset ABAP , any specific module , Fiori , Gateway etc ..
– Do SAP open Sap courses and try to help others on knowing what you understood and get your self cross skilled. This is the best way to be cross skilled even if there is lack of opportunity at an organization level for you.
3. Don’t work in Silos
– Find a SCN member whom you admire so you have a role model to follow
– Be able to work cross module you should not focus on only one module/aspect of SAP consulting . SAP grows and expand every minute and so should
the SCN members do as well .
– Engage in contests / Create your own spaces or do something creative even if it does not work there is no harm.
4. What motivates them ?
This one is in general answered to help others . share information , learn something .
But I would like to add a tad bit of my own thing here . I get motivated when I see some things moving or if I am able to set Goals and
I see them being completed week over week . I do the following things in order to keep a track
– Check your Missions are completed they give you extra points which can be found at Reputation Tab>>> Missions section
– Check your Ranking as you score points you will see your rank go higher . Even if its a single points that you manage to accrue your ranking can shift in multiples of 10 . It can be found in Reputation Tab>>> Ranking section
– See the number of views of your documents . Go to Browse >>> Content and selected the option Authored and check the number of views anything more than 500 is what I consider as a good contribution and then obviously depending on the likes , ratings and comments you know if the post has been appreciated or not .
– Check your points and Level This is my personal favorite keep checking how many points short you are to reach to the next level how many points you collected every week and how you could possibly increase that ?
Having said all this I do not want to emphasis that it is all about collecting as many points as possible. This should be an after effect of trying to
to help others share knowledge, answering queries and being interactive on SCN .
Thanks you for reading and do share your feedback and comments if any .Look forward to hearing back 🙂