SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer Integration with Twitter
In the below document I would like to cover SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer Integration with Twitter, when integrating Cloud for Social Engagement with Service the process will not change however there are more ways to gather and share information which increasing the way organizations can offer support to and connect with their customers.
Note : Any screen shots and navigation steps from Twitter as shown below might be different as Twitter choose to change the navigation.
Kindly follow the steps to configure the SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer Integration with Twitter
1. Setting up Twitter Integration in SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
In order to see Social Media Messages in the SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer system follow the below steps to scope your implementation project.
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Select Implementation Projects
- Select the appropriate project
- Select Edit Project Scope
- In the scoping expand Service
- Select the Customer Care and Service Request Management
- After enabling these options go through the Questions under these scoping elements and enable the question Do you want to support direct messages for Facebook channels? Hereafter confirm and finish the scoping.
2. Create Twitter API
For setting up the integration with Twitter, you need the Twitter API key for your account.
The below steps will explain how you will create the twitter API key.
The first step to start the process to create the API application for the twitter account that is to be used to feed the communication into SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer system. Any tweet specifically directed to this account will be passed into the SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer system.
- login to Twitter Account
- Select the Profile Settings
- At the button of the profile settings select Developer hyperlink
- At the bottom of the Developer area you should select Manage Your Apps to manage your Twitter application
- This now allows us to create the Twitter side connectivity
- To do this start by selecting the button to Create New Application
Create New Twitter App
- Complete the required fields as detailed, agree to the terms and conditions
- Provide the Name, Description and enter Website, Callback URL will be the same as Sap Hybris Cloud for Customer System URL
- Now select to Create Your Twitter Application
Twitter Application Configuration
- Now Twitter App is created successfully.
Change the Twitter App Permission
- Now switch to the Permissions tab and select Read, Write and Access Direct Messages, then choose Update Settings. When the twitter Application is created it was Read Only.
Twitter API key
- Now switch to the Keys and Access Tokens tab and make a note of two keys that have been generated for the for your application.
3. Create Hybris Cloud for Customer Media Channel
Need to create the media channel in the cloud for customer system to set up the communication to your twitter application
- First login to the Hybris Cloud For Customer system
- Navigate to silver light version of the SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer via the adaptation option on the menu shown below
- To create Media Channel navigate to the Administration work center
- Select the Service and Social view
- Select the Social Media Channel
- Now select New icon to create a New channel
- Select Social Media Channel Type and then enter the Twitter Application Keys generated when the Twitter Application was setup
- Then select Connect With Channel button which establishes the link to Twitter Account
- A new browser window will be open from Twitter website, asking for the account authorization for SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer to communicate with Twitter account
- Now enter the details then choose the Authorize App continue
- Now a window open saying, now SAP Cloud for Customer confirms the connection and you can close the window.
- Now choose the Get Accounts Details button.
- This simply fills the Channel field with Twitter handle
- Fill the ID (should not be more than 10 char), Language field and Save and Close
- Selection of Block Responses enables you to stop your service agents from replying to Twitter message from within the Sap Hybris Cloud for Customer systems
- Selection of Twitter Account For Responses enables you to replies to originate from the another Twitter handle
- Now Refresh the List to see your newly created Channel.
4. Schedule a Communication Job
Schedule a Communication Job to have communication between Twitter Account and Sap Hybris Cloud for Customer System.
- First select newly create channel and open the summary of the media channel.
- Next step is to create a background job to run on a periodic basic to collect the relevant Twitter Message which has been created.
- Choose the Create Run icon as shown below.
- Confirm the correct Channel Id is automatically selected.
Note : you can use the single job to poll different media channels by adding relevant channel id.
- The last step is to schedule for background job, choose the Schedule icon as shown below.
- Enter the details required to scheduling job.
5. Further Processing
- When the Twitter messages are directed at your Twitter Account, the message will be now automatically fed into the Sap Hybris Cloud for Customer system.
- The messages can be seen in the Tickets view of Service Work Center as shown below and also under Social Media Messages view.
- Now you can open the Ticket and further process this ticket directly by clicking on the associated ticket.
- The employees can further process the ticket and also respond via Social Media communication channels.
- The system also automatically finishes customer, product, priority fields if these can be established.
- And also workflow rules can be created to automatically assign tickets to service teams or individual employees, this assignment triggers the notification to be raised within the system and sends emails to the relevant parties if required.
- If the tickets are not created then go to the Channel ID and you can see the application logs to see the data is imported to the SAP Cloud for Customer system was successful or not.