Smart Business Transport Tool
SAP Smart Business is a framework for exposing strategic (key) and operational performance indicators (KPIs, OPIs) as Fiori applications without the need to write any code. It can be used by customers, partners and SAP’s development teams for making highly aggregated analytical data accessible via Fiori Launchpad tiles.
Smart Business is released in various flavors depending on the underlying technology platform. Specifically there are the following separate Smart Business shipments:
- Smart Business for Suite on Hana (SoH) delivery
- Smart Business for S/4Hana delivery
- SAP Smart Business in HANA Cloud Platform as a service (Beta Release)
Important documents and notes:
Help document on SAP Smart Business in Suite on HANA (SoH):
Overview of SAP Smart Business Cockpit for Suite on HANA (SoH)
How to create KPI, Evaluations and Tiles
In this article, I will discuss about the Transport Tool provided with Smart Business SoH and the steps to use it.
The SMART Business Download tool allows the KPI Modeler entries like KPI/Evaluations to be transported from one environment to another. E.g. from Development system to Production system.
- Download KPIs, evaluations, and drill-downs
In case of KPIs, evaluations, and drill-downs, the content is downloaded as a set of csv files and one hdbti file. You can then upload these downloaded files to the HANA repository of the target SAP system.
- Download analytical privileges and roles
To download analytical privileges and roles, you create an empty role and assign all the required evaluations to it. You then provide this empty role to the download tool, which in turn generates a set of analytical privilege files and one hdbrole file. These files can then be uploaded to the HANA repository of the target SAP system.
Follow the below steps to carry out the transportation:
- Make sure that the user you has the package privileges to select, write and insert on the package from which you are exporting the KPI and the one in which you want to import the KPIs. Also, make sure that the user has the role sap.hba.r.sb.transp.roles::SAP_SMART_BUSINESS_TRANSPORT in addition to the Runtime and Modeler Roles.
2. Launch the Transport tool using URL:
https://<hostname:port>/sap/hba/r/sb/transp/WebContent/index.html (based upon your HANA DU version)
Based on the release, you can use one of the following URLs to launch the download tool:
- For Q2/2015 and later releases, use http://<HANA_Server>:<HANA_Port>/sap/hba/r/sb/transp/WebContent/index.html
- For releases between Q3/2014 and Q1/2015, use http://<HANA_Server>:<HANA_Port>/sap/hba/r/sb/transp/WebContent/index1.html
- For Q2/2014 and earlier releases, use http://<HANA_Server>:<HANA_Port>/sap/hba/apps/kpi/transp/WebContent/index.html
3. Click on the “Select KPIs to Download all its Entities” and select the KPI’s which you want to transport.
4. Provide the Group suffix (not mandatory).
5. Provide the name of the package to which you want to import the KPIs in, in the target system. In this example, the target system has a package “temp.test1” to which the files will finally be imported.
6. If you want to deactivate all the KPIs in the source system once the KPIs have been exported to the target system, select the check box “Make All Selected Entities Inactive in Source System.”
This would export the .csv files as “active” while inactivating the .csv files in the source system. As a result, the selected KPIs will become inactive (draft state) in the source system but they will be active in the target system once they have been imported.
7. Click on “Download Entities (csv and hdbti file formats)” to export the KPI.
This will download multiple .csv files along with a hdbti file. If only a single file is downloaded, ensure that multiple download file setting is enable in your browser. Go to Settings > Advanced > Privacy > Content Settings and select “Allow all sites to download multiple files automatically”.
The below files will be available in your download folder
8. To import the files in the Target system, launch the Web IDE editor using URL https://<hostname:port>/sap/hana/xs/ide/editor/
9. Go to the package that you had created in the target system. It should be empty. Drag all the excel/hdbti files from the download folder into “Multi-file Drop Zone”. This will add the files in to the package.
Make sure to first import all the csv files. Once, they are successfully imported, import the hdbti file.
10. Activate the hdbti file in the target system to get all the KPI entries in your table. Your KPIs have been successfully transported.
Note: If your source system and the target system is the same and you export the files selecting the “Make KPI inactive in the source system”, then, after successfully importing and activating the hdbti file, two status of the same KPI will exist on your system – Active, Draft.
You will now have the KPI in active as well as a draft state. To maintain only one state, activate the draft status too. You will now only be left with one active KPI.
For more information about the transport tool, refer to our help document :
SAP Smart Business Download Tool – SAP Smart Business 1.0 Foundation Component – SAP Library
Some of this is already covered in https://blogs.sap.com/2015/08/03/smart-business-download-tool-kpi-modeler/
There is a common issue , where the tool doesn't bring any pop-up for downloads. So it appears nothing is getting exported.
To add that functionality, add the following object privileges with 'Update' and 'Insert' checked (courtesy Muralidharan Surendran https://archive.sap.com/discussions/thread/3824522) .